New in San Francisco

kgreen6901

Reaction score
I wanted a souvenir from Hawaii. I ended up in the guitar shop looking at Ukulele's. I wasn't quite certain I could do it. But I brought home a shiny new Kamaka soprano. I haven't been able to put it down since.

Thanks for putting the classes online. I'm working on my basic chords thanks to you guys!

Cheers,

Ken Green

Welcome to the forums, Ken! Glad to hear you and your Kamaka have been enjoying UU together; keep strumming!

Aloha Ken, welcome to UU & the forums. Happy strumming on the Kamaka!

Aloha Ken,
Holy Smokes...you really know how to start off a new passion...he he...wow a Kamaka for a first Uke....Like me wanting a Z-28 for my first Hot Rod...didn't happen.....ha ha
but way to go....Happy Strummings and Welcome to the UU and our forums...Google Musicteacher2010 and Paxukulele for awesome ukulele vdeo tutorials and Dr Uke for songs
chords and instructions....Hope you had a great time here...I can imagine you having the best of everything...lol MM Stan

Welcome and congratulations. Wow, the third new player in the last 48 hours or less to start out with a killer instrument. I think you are in the lead so far. That's one hell of a souvenier. Glad you love it, will help.

Welcome, and congrats on the Kamaka! Such a great ukulele to start off with!

Lots of uke players in the Bay Area. Are you actually in the city? If you are looking to jam in the East Bay, let me know. I sometimes get together with some friends in the area to play some songs!

Welcome to the UU!! Wow start off with a new Kamaka, way to go, congratulations!!!!
Glad you joined.
Any pictures of your new Kamaka??????

Aloha & Welcome to the UU and our Forums! Congrats on your first uke!!! .... And SHEEEEEESSSHHHH!!! A Kamaka at that!!! WOW!!! Way to go for your first uke!!! No wonder you can't put it down! You've found the best site for all things ukulele. We're very friendly people here at the UU. We have the "Aloha Spirit." You will make many new friends here and there are many Members in the Bay Area. Keep us posted on your progress and hope to see you around the various Forums.

Aloha and welcome to the UU!! Ahhhhh another member of the Kamaka Klub!! Congrats on an excellent choice for a ukulele!!!

The Chinese import ukes just weren't the same. I wanted the real handmade out of koa wood deal. Plus the Kamaka just had the most beautiful sound. Here's pictures on request. Also, yes I am in the city. I live in the mission. I'd love to get together with other members too. And I'm one of the weird ones who's willing to travel the bridge to the east bay.

Thanks so much for the warm welcome :)

IMG_20110716_161011.jpg

IMG_20110716_161044.jpg

IMG_20110716_161031.jpg

Last edited:
Wowee!! Absolutely beauty!! Sweet! I'm new to UU too, and a native of S.F.:) I live up the hill from Baker Beach in the presidio. Welcome, and let's see if we can get some jams going here in the city. I've been playing guitar for 30yrs. in bands, and took up the uke about a yr. ago. I have a lanikai flame maple soprano, and an epiphone les paul concert that I had upgrade work done to:) I've been working on a second set of classic rock uke tunes to play out:) I carry one of them everywhere, ya know, HAVE UKE WILL TRAVEL! UU is the greatest place on the web, Welcome again, Aloha:)

Last edited:
Congrats! Welcome to the K Brand Beginner Uke Club! I started out with a KoAloha concert back in January and haven't looked back since.

Top Bottom