What songs are new Ukulele players learning right now?

cbinla

Reaction score
Me:
Don't Get Around Much Anymore - I like the laid back feel of this song, it feels right when I strum it with a lazy swing feel.
Fire and Rain - Having trouble getting that JT sound with a Uke, but I like this song on the Uke, it works pretty well.

Oops I meant to post this on the Ukulele beginners section - not the New Member Introductions. Sorry. Can someone move it?

I am currently learning Bus Stop by The Hollies, cool sounding tune on the uke

I'm learning "Wipeout" by the Beach Boys. It's coming along pretty well.

Last edited:
What a Day for a Day Dream...easy swing strum sounds real good on the uke!

Here's my list:
Strumming:
Big Rock Candy Mountain
Iko Iko
All My Loving
Dock of the Bay
Manic Monday

Finger Picking:
Happy Birthday
Twinkle Twinkle (two versions)

Well, you guys are way more advanced than this beginner. I'm just doing stuff like Amazing Grace and Red River Valley :(

twinkle twinkle little star, faith, you are my sunshine, yellow, YMCA, 500 miles,i've been strumming for nearly a month now and these are the songs i am practising, i can play twinkle, you are my sunshine and most of faith, ymca is nearly there

Stray Cat Strut
Big Bad Bill (is Sweet William Now)
Swing Brother Swing

I've played around with a few others that I already know on guitar but most of them sound better on guitar, so I probably won't really learn them on the uke. Except maybe "Stairway to Heaven" and "Dream a Little Dream." Those two work pretty well on the uke.

I've been learning Rainbow Connection and Octopus's Garden.

First uke song I ever learned was 'Five Foot Two'
and it was/is great.A lot of people mock it for being
corny or whatever,BUT for a newbie it has a few easy
but interesting chord changes in it!

"After Hours." I wouldn't have expected the Velvet Underground to translate well to the uke, but this one sounds all right.

Chocolate Jesus (Tom Waits) Three easy chords played slowly and fun to sing

The Passenger (Iggy Pop) One of the catchiest rhythm guitar parts ever and it makes you practice the E chord

Opinion (Kurt Cobain) I like trying to play Nirvana with new fingerings and how different it sounds on uke

You Could Make A Killing (Aimee Mann) Nice chord progression

First uke song I ever learned was 'Five Foot Two'
and it was/is great.A lot of people mock it for being
corny or whatever,BUT for a newbie it has a few easy
but interesting chord changes in it!
We had a jam after dinner last month & we played that one, we had a guitar, a mandolin & a tenor ukulele & it sounded great.

We also did 'Light My Fire' by Jose Feliciano & that was a winner too.

"I don't want to set the world on fire" by The Inkspots!!! All the chords are Bmb+7th aug types!!

Top Bottom