New Uke Day Tommorow! (Lanikai SM-T Solid Mango)

NYG010

Reaction score
The glorious day has me anxiously waiting for my new uke tomorrow. After my Fonder Nohea, I hope this time I will finally be satisfied. I'll take some photos as soon as it comes in for you guys..

Quick question: what exactly do you look for to determine how well a setup was performed? Specific details would be appreciated for example length of spacing between the string and fretboard, saddle height, etc..

As always, appreciate all the help guys! I'll get photos up as soon as it comes in!

Aloha NYG010,
Congratulations on your new purchase of your Lanikai...keep us informed and pics please...Stan

Aloha NYG010,
Congratulations on your new purchase of your Lanikai...keep us informed and pics please...Stan

Hey Stan, sure will tommorow afternoon! Do you know what I want to look for to determine how well a setup was performed? Specific details would be appreciated for example length of spacing between the string and fretboard, saddle height, etc..

It's almost at my doorstep! Can anyone answer my setup related questions??

Congrats on the new uke!

No clue how to answer the set-up question specifically. If a ukulele feels good in my hands and sounds nice, then it was set up well enough for me and I don't worry about the details. If something bothers me (poor playability, bad intonation, buzzing) after a couple weeks of playing, then I look into it.

Congrats on the new uke!

No clue how to answer the set-up question specifically. If a ukulele feels good in my hands and sounds nice, then it was set up well enough for me and I don't worry about the details. If something bothers me (poor playability, bad intonation, buzzing) after a couple weeks of playing, then I look into it.

Thanks for your input! I heard there were specific measurements and ways to tell as far as intonation and string adjustments go.. other than that I guess there would really be no way to tell !

As promised here are the photos of the new Lanikai SM-T. Let me know what ya guys think! I will admit I now see the difference between the sound quality in a laminate (Fender Nohea) and my first solid, very very satisfying! I also realize the headstock and neck feels a lot more durable, well-built and heavier than the Fender..

Anyway here they are!
photojul1131138pm.jpg

photojul1132012pm.jpg

112hzi.jpg

What a beautiful uke! I've been looking at this model for a while now but they don't seem to be available anywhere in the UK.

What a beautiful uke! I've been looking at this model for a while now but they don't seem to be available anywhere in the UK.

Try Sutherland Trading, they are the UK Lanikai dealer. They don't list one on their website, but they might be able to order one for you. Alternatively, someone like Mim on here might be able to get one. The price shipped from the USA, with shipping, import duty and VAT will work out almost exactly the same as it'd cost in a shop over here.

SUTHERLAND TRADING CO. LTD.
BEDWAS HOUSE INDUSTR. ESTATE
CF83 8XQ
BEDWAS, CAERPH.
phone: 0044 2920 887333
email: Sales@Sutherlandtrading.com
url: www.Sutherlandtrading.com

Top Bottom