It's a PLOT!

UkeNukem

Reaction score
So, fellow ukers, I happened to purchase the following guitar (2007 model) which turned out to be quite nice after some minor repair.

EW20ASENT.jpg

BUT, I'm in the music store getting new strings for it today and what do I see hanging on the wall????

UEW10QM.jpg

How did they know!!!?????

You couldn't leave the younger brother behind.

Well you gotta give them credit their marketing skills are getting better. Congratulations on the new uke and guitar.

Wow.. I LOVE the wood grain on that UKE! How does it sound? We got our 15 yr old son a similar guitar for his birthday in February. He LOVES it. Although it is a lefty and it's black. It sounds beautiful. If your uke has a nice sound like that you must be one happy person! Yeah for Mom and Baby instruments!

Have fun!

I'm more interested in how the uke plays and sounds. Pretty isn't enough unless it's a wall ornament.

Er, sorry folks, you assumed I purchased the "little brother", but I guess you all are experiencing "vicarious UAS" !!! (WAIT, that's one reason for the UU, right?)

I planted the seed by telling my wife how cute it would be as a set and it's only $150! :drool: I also showed her the Talman Ukulele on the Ibanez website which would mean I'd have to get a Talman guitar to go with that. Hey, I can play this game from both directions!!!!! BWWWAAAAHHHHAAAAAHHH!!!!!!

I feel like a drug addict whenever I go this store. George's Music, WPB, an endorphine rush free with every visit. :love:

Last edited:
You pretty much HAVE to buy it.

I actually picked up the spalted mango acoustic-electric version during a long layover in Tokyo. I had to perform some serious setup work (the action was a bit of a mess at both ends), but it is now the ukulele that I play all the time. It is not the loudest - but the tone is fantastic.

The salesman in Tokyo told me that there were some quality control issues at the factory in Indonesia, so Ibanez actually shut the line completely down until things were resolved, but they were back up and running again around April.

I did pick it up and strum but it was waaay out of tune and I did not want to get attached. What you say about Ibanez does not surprise me, their products usually are very consistent. I also have a 1997 AS80 in Transparent Butterscotch (think ES-335) that is incredible. It's my cheapo John Scofield Model. :)

Glad to here you are enjoying your new ukulele!

Top Bottom