PDA

View Full Version : Your own material ?

uke_rob
07-11-2011, 08:04 AM
I'm not sure if this would be the right area to post this thread, so apologies if not, and if it needs to be moved then so be it :)

Anyway, I have watched hundreds of superb videos on youtube of various uke covers, but haven't come across anyone doing there own material on the uke.

I just wondered if anyone on UU has experimented with writing their own songs, and if there was any links ?

Sorry again if this is mentioned somewhere else or I have posted something that has been covered before.

Cheers:cool:

Pippin
07-11-2011, 08:41 AM
I have done a lot of my own songs. I am a professional songwriter, among other things.

Dougf
07-11-2011, 08:43 AM
Here's a link to a youtube playlist that I recently put together of my first 14 originals, all composed and played on 'ukulele.

http://www.youtube.com/my_playlists?p=ADDF971DA6F18C77

joeybug
07-11-2011, 10:21 AM
I've dabbled in it, written 5 so far, and one is up in this forum under "Ukulele Underground Theme Song Revistied" if you want to give it a listen, I've had no feedback so far :( There are some great song writers out there, not just on UU, what kind of music do you like?

I like this girl (http://www.youtube.com/user/live2tivo) but I'm also in her projected audience, but there are a load of others!

russ_buss
07-11-2011, 10:50 AM
type in "ukulele original" in a youtube search and you'll find a ton of songs.

-SRS-45-
07-11-2011, 10:54 AM
Yeah dude, I've done lots of me own stuff on youtube (link in signiture)... I try to put a mix up as its the same with starting up a pub band... to get interest and found you have to also play songs people know and love then start sneaking your own in :) ... even with covers though I try to put a new spin on them to inject myself into them.

-james

ItsMrPitchy
07-11-2011, 11:39 AM
A lot of members have written their own songs on this forum and they are really awesome.

I do some improvisation and find some tunes i like but i should really start writing them down and try to compose a full song.

olgoat52
07-11-2011, 12:57 PM
Krabbers, Seeso, Bornagainjeeper. Three that come to mind.