Your own material ?

uke_rob

Reaction score
I'm not sure if this would be the right area to post this thread, so apologies if not, and if it needs to be moved then so be it :)

Anyway, I have watched hundreds of superb videos on youtube of various uke covers, but haven't come across anyone doing there own material on the uke.

I just wondered if anyone on UU has experimented with writing their own songs, and if there was any links ?

Sorry again if this is mentioned somewhere else or I have posted something that has been covered before.

Cheers:cool:

I've dabbled in it, written 5 so far, and one is up in this forum under "Ukulele Underground Theme Song Revistied" if you want to give it a listen, I've had no feedback so far :( There are some great song writers out there, not just on UU, what kind of music do you like?

I like this girl but I'm also in her projected audience, but there are a load of others!

Yeah dude, I've done lots of me own stuff on youtube (link in signiture)... I try to put a mix up as its the same with starting up a pub band... to get interest and found you have to also play songs people know and love then start sneaking your own in :) ... even with covers though I try to put a new spin on them to inject myself into them.

-james

Last edited:
A lot of members have written their own songs on this forum and they are really awesome.

I do some improvisation and find some tunes i like but i should really start writing them down and try to compose a full song.

Krabbers, Seeso, Bornagainjeeper. Three that come to mind.

Top Bottom