New Kamaka tenor Day!!

ItsAMeCasey

Reaction score
Hey guys! Just officially got my kamaka hf-3 tenor ukulele, and I must say that I couldn't be anymore pleased. The sound, look, and feel of this instrument is just ridiculously good. If you're looking for a high-end, very balanced, professional instrument, I'd definitely go with the Hf-3. Anyways, here's a little sound sample of it! :D

Edit: sorry, accidentally posted in the wrong section.

Last edited:
congratulations! it looks and sounds wonderful!

Great uke! Great playing too! Jake better watch out.

Lol thanks guys! My Kamaka is definitely more resonant and bright than my Kanile'a. It has more of the traditional hawaiian ukulele sound whereas the Kanile'a is more deep and subdued. Overall I'm 99% sure that this Kamaka is gonna be the uke I play the most. Great balance, intonation.. everything :D

Aloha Casey,
Holly Smokes another new Premimum uke.. shoots...Congratulations brah...Yeah Love my Kamaka's.. slap some new strings on there...ha ha...
Where did you go to buy it from....Only two places in town...Easy and Dan's?? which one..ha ha.. Have fun and enjoy,..thanks for da video..MM Stan

Hey thanks Stan, I actually bought this uke from Hawaii Music Supply in Wahiawa. I was either gonna buy from PuaPua or HMS, but HMS got them in stock first so I went with them haha.

Great uke! It's a beauty andf it sounds great! Congratulations! I visited both HMS and PuaPua while I was in Hawaii recently, and I don't think you could have gone wrong with either one.

Nice playing. Congrats and enjoy it. Got a Kamaka tenor about 6 months ago, but lusted for one almost 9 years. In that time, I always thought I wanted a concert until I played a tenor in the store. Now it's the daily one. I enjoy playing it more and more each day. It has such a unique feeling and sound.

Are those Worth strings? Sounds great. I strung mine up recently with Fremont Blacks and like them a lot, but may have to try something else next string change.

Looks and sounds great. Very nice playing!

Happy New Uke Day! And a Kamaka at that! WOW! Great playing too :D

Congrats on your new Kamaka HF-3 Tenor Brah!!! I just sold one of mine. SHUCKS!!! No forget fo' change your signature, Brah!

Excellent..................Do you give lessons??

thanks for the compliments guys! I'm really loving this uke and it's definitely gonna be my main player from now on. Now I just gotta get a MiSi Pick-up installed.. haha!

@bdukes: I was actually using DAdarrio J71s in the video. I bought some worth clears and browns though so i'm gonna try those when they come in. Maybe i'll make another vid or something sound sampling with the different strings.

@Howie1947: That's a really flattering question lol! But I don't give lessons. I'm not qualified to as I'm still an amateur myself, but I do try my best to post video lessons of songs on my youtube. You can check them out if you like.

Aloha Casey....congratulations on your new Kamaka!!! I love mine too!!!! Welcome to the Klub!

Top Bottom