Broke it in!

rem50

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Played the new sailor soprano friday night at a jam and then again tonight (monday). I have to say that tonight it really got a work out and held its own! Wow! Played a couple of tunes alone, "for the good times" and "bobby McGee". I think I strummed it so much playing along with everyone else that the strings are finally starting to hold tune! It really is coming into its own. I have put Koo'lau golds on it but am ordering worth clears and browns to run them through it too. When I figure out how to do a video I will post one.

Congrats! Look forward to that video

Aloha Rem50,
What You skipped the Koolau alohi's ......thicker and warmer....thanks for sharing...Happy strummings..MM Stan

Alohis may be worth a go too. Glad to know it's coming into it's own. Messing with strings is always interesting. I just put some Worth clears on a cherry concert for a customer and it really sounded good. Put some Freemont med Blacklines on my Sailor soprano and it gave it a complimentary tone for sure. Strings help show the varied personality of an instrument.

Jams are definitely the best way to break in instruments. Glad to hear your Sailor's sounding sweet!!

Stan and Mike: I am starting to realize there are more strings than I have money! Ha! Maybe someday I will get around to those too! :) BTW Stan I had never even heard of that string till you said something :)

Top Bottom