New Tenor Finished

dustartist

Reaction score
Spruce and walnut. Ebony peghead veneer, fretboard, heel cap and bridge. Tortoloid binding...

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

That's a beauty! Nice job!

Thanks for all of the positive feedback! Yes, top, back, sides and rosette are from Hana Lima. Ebony parts are from LMI and neck wood is some sapele I had left over from a furniture job. Peghead inlay material from Stew-Mac. Finished in Seagrave nitro lacquer over vinyl sealer. Grain filled with West Systems epoxy, two coats. I have been keeping a blog of the build, which I haven't finished uploading pictures to, but is probably of interest to some of you. http://malevolentmusings.blogspot.com/

Very sleek, the inlay looks great.

Is it weird that I want to know how it tastes? I want to lick it, and hear how it sounds too....not while I lick it.

It was for sale, but has already been spoken for unfortunately. I also live in Culver City, so maybe we could work something out on a future build. PM me and we can talk about it and play some ukulele while we are at it....

I promised I would make my son a concert in curly koa for his birthday. Got a really nice set of AAA koa from Steve @ Hawaiian Hardwoods and am midway through that one right now. He will be 14 in about a month, so I need to get crackin'. He has been playing the ukulele for about 2 1/2 years, he has been to the local ukulele festival the past two years in a row with me and we jam together all the time. He was interested in the bass guitar for a while, but the uke has taken over.

Wow, beautiful!

Top Bottom