Piano Man, Billy Joel ukulele instrumental

austin1

Reaction score
Look what I made! Enjoy! Or don't enjoy, but I hope you do.

That was wonderful! Really brightened my morning! You play beautifully

Why so serious? Just kidding, I know you were heavily concentrated. Great tune and I am glad you smiled at the end.

GAAAAH-JUSS!

I can't STAND it! Lookit 'cha!

(SO pretty!)

Yes, splendid stuff, much more precise fingering than me, that's for sure!

Why so serious? Just kidding, I know you were heavily concentrated. Great tune and I am glad you smiled at the end.

That's my "this is my 19th take and I am tired of playing this godforsaken song" face!

GAAAAH-JUSS!

I can't STAND it! Lookit 'cha!

(SO pretty!)

Are you aware, good sir, that sarcasm is the longest word in the dictionary?

Thanks all very much, glad you enjoyed it!

Wow, I love that song. You did a super job.
Thanks,
don

Thanks so much for posting,......first time i've heard Piano Man on a uke!
You play very nice,.....and as was mentioned glad you smiled at the end. (you have a beautiful smile :D )

Try to work a few of those wonderful smiles into the performance,....and you'll be all set. Tough when you're concentrating
so hard, i know.

My parents are both gone now,...but my dad was a weekend player in a few bands over many years at
weddings and such. He played a Hofner Beatle bass in his later years, because it was super easy for him. (earlier he had played lead and rhythm guitar, and pedal steel guitar also in mostly country bands)

In fact, it was SO easy for him that one night, after working a heavy regular work schedule over a few weeks and several
late night band engagements,..........he actually fell asleep while in the middle of a set! There he was, a true professional, plucking the same note over and over again standing on his feet with his eyes closed! (word was it WAS a
"steady" beat also!) The show MUST go on! lol

The entire band stopped, and along with the audience sat in amazement for maybe 30 seconds or so before they clapped
him to consciousness!!!! He got a standing O, and got a kick out of it too when they all told him why. He smiled that night, but always seemed to work a few in every tune,.....because he had fun doing it.

Anyway,.....the point i guess is have fun with your music first,......and the smiles will just naturally appear.

My dad played guitar with a pick and used a few fingers with it a lot, but mentioned he never could pick up a strictly "fingerstyle" method of playing.
Several years ago i had worked up about 20 solo guitar pieces, usually on the classical guitar but on modern songs
like Chet Atkins arrangement of "Vincent". I always enjoyed playing these in front of him fingerstyle, although i
felt i had a critical eye in front of me and got very nervous playing in front of him. Never did he do or say anything to make me feel that way, just that knowing he was playing out in front of folks regularly (singing also) i guess i put that burden on myself.

Miss them a lot.........

cheers,
Joe T

Last edited:
Very nice job. I like that you do the same octave jump that Joel does in the vocal. A nice piece of uke arrangement.

Very nicely done. Enjoyed that very much.

Inspiring. I love Billy Joel, and Piano Man is one of my favourite favourites. For a simple struggling strummer like me, watching people like you making vids like that is what keeps me keeping on.

Did I say how much I loved your playing? I loved it. Nice arrangement, beautifully executed.

Top Bottom