Hand Carved Tahitian Ukuele Set of 3

zoos47

Reaction score
I am selling a set of hand carved Tahitian ukuleles. They all play very nice so it could be for the player or collector. They can be purchased individually or as a set (buy the set for reduced price). Here is the info on the set:

*** The theme is the humpback whales and their annual journey from Hawaii to Alaska. The first uke in the set depicts the mother whale and calf in the Hawaiian sea where the birth takes place. The second uke depicts the whale and calf in mid-Pacific as they venture to the rich feeding waters of Alaska. The third and final uke depicts the whale and calf breaching with the Alaskan mountain range in the background.
*** One piece construction. Poplar wood
*** All components (except for the tuners) were hand made from beef bone... nut, bridge with carved waves, fret marker whale tails, headstock koru pendant, and whale tail to attach strings.
*** Each uke took me about 120 hours from start to finish, 360 total. Most of the work is invested in the fine hand carved details. The bone work took a really long time too.
*** PRICE, I am selling at $1350 per uke. They can be individually purchased. If you would like to purchase the entire set/all three ukes, I will give a $500 price reduction. OR, if you would like to purchase the full set at regular cost, I will hand carve a display holder for the three ukes... something with the whale theme.
*** The three Tahitian ukes are my second, third and fourth I have made. I have numbered and will continue to number each one.

If any questions, please let me know. I will attach a bunch of pics and audio file. Thanks for looking.
Scott

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Here is the first uke of the set. The carvings show the humpbacks in Hawaii.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Note, all three ukuleles share the same bridge/ocean wave design

Last edited:
The second uke of the set depicts the humpbacks in the mid pacific... as they make their way to Alaska.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Note, all three ukes have the same headstock carving... a whale tail with splashes and bone carved koru pendant.

The final uke depicts the whales in Alaska. they are breaching with Alaskan mountains in the background.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Absolutely stunning, beautiful instruments. You sir, have a God-given gift. I would love to hear the sound of these lovely instruments.

All components minus the tuners were hand carved from beef bone.
attachment.php

For more pictures, please see this youtube video link:

I will have the audio link up shortly.

that is soem absolutely some amazing work. nice video too. I would love to see the Queen Lilioukalani one! I was just watching a documentary about her yesterday! She was such a brave, talented, and amazing person. I can see why you chose her as your next subject, what an inspiration.

Here is the audio link... please dont judge my playing!

Just a couple other details.. if you have any questions, please email me, scott@thetikiterrace.com
And expect about one week for me to crate and ship. I plan to build a crate per uke... or I will build a crate for all three if they are purchased as a set.
If you would like to purchase the set and would like a display case built, I will ship the ukes first and then the display case when finished.

Thanks for looking!

heyyyyyy in the first video what is the name of the song that was playing alongside the slide show?

Thanks for the compliments everyone! Dont know the name of the song, but its from the Jack Johnson album "Thicker than water".

These are works of art. So beautiful I cannot even imagine playing them. Thank you for posting all of the photos, I really love all of the details!

Top Bottom