NEW!!! Acacia models from Pono

Uke Republic

Reaction score
Expected to be in October 2011. Pono will feature 2 versions.
1) Acacia series with soprano-bari list starts @ $379.00 and has a satin finish Tenor list for $$539.00
2) Acacia Deluxe model- gloss. ebony fb more figured wood sop-bari List starts @$539.00 with tenor list $599.00
These are list so you'll end up getting them for less.
Heres some info- http://www.koolauukulele.com/acacia.html
Pono has some really great new models and new strings

Where do I sign up? Haha.

These should be fantastic.

Sounds interesting, I'd love to see some pictures once they are available.

-F

Interesting - looks like Pono no longer offers cases with any but their "Pro-classic" models. That's too bad - Ko'olau cases are some of the best, in my opinion - it doesn't look like they've dropped the prices at all, so their lower lines effectively became much more expensive if you plan to get a nice case.

Actually they did drop the price in a major way. The Mahogany series with case listed for $459.00 in 2010 and now the same tenor without case list for $299.00. We still sell the cases on there own if a customer wants one. Tenor Ko'olau case is $89.00
Interesting - looks like Pono no longer offers cases with any but their "Pro-classic" models. That's too bad - Ko'olau cases are some of the best, in my opinion - it doesn't look like they've dropped the prices at all, so their lower lines effectively became much more expensive if you plan to get a nice case.

Hmmmmm, prices come on down, I don't mind the mahogany Ponos, have a concert. Pono doesn't do a long neck sopano, or do they?

Hi. This looks like an old thread but is there any further word on a release date for the Acacia Series?

I’m in the market for a tenor and have been very happy with my current Pono PCO (Mahogany Concert) The finish is not the best, but it sounded better to me than others in it’s price range when I was shopping around.

Top Bottom