Start 'em young!

agroupuk

Reaction score
25fislv.jpg

I thought it was a cute shot :)

Thats just great parenting.

Unfortunatly (or fortunatly depending how you look at it) the kid aint mine.

It's my brother-in-laws son Evan. 9 months old and full of giggles.

He actually progressed to a rudimentry strum technique by the end of the day - as you can see he started by grabbing and pulling but then he worked out it sounded better when he ran his fingers over the strings, so thats what he ended up doing.

For the next 2 days he kept crawling to the uke instead of his toys lol

Guess I am gonna have to get him his own Uke when he is big enough to not try and eat it :)

Whether he's yours or your bro-in-law's (wouldn't that also be your sister's?) he's a beautiful baby!

Anyone else ever notice how nice babies smell? Or how wonderful it feels when you're holding one and they nap out on your shoulder?

(Damn. I need a baby fix!)

Last edited:
Anyone else ever notice how nice babies smell? Or how wonderful it feels when you're holding one and they nap out on your shoulder?

Most of the time they smell great, but once in a while, they smell really evil!

My son worked out how to strum my uke when he was 6 months old. After doing that for a bit, he just started grabbing the strings and pulling, which upset me a bit. After all, he'd already worked out how to make pretty sounds, why was he now trying to wreck it? Turns out I wasn't giving him enough credit. He had noticed me playing fingerstyle, and was trying to work out how to pluck it. After a couple of weeks of pulling much to hard, he figured how to do it with his fingertips. I swear that boy will be a musician!

My son has learned how to strum. He has a 15 dollar uke he blindly strums when I play for him :)

Same here...My Son (avatar) who just turned 3 few weeks ago will mimic what I do on his 8 dollar Ukulele when I practice . He would strum along and is starting to pretend to change chords with me and sings along to I'm yours, Baby can I hold you tonight, and his favorite What a Wonderful World by IZ. Hope he sticks with it too...

Wow... I hope this doesnt sound like my kid is better than you kid.. Just wanted to share my joy too:shaka:

haha! This reminded me of the elephant town girl. (no offense intended....)
That's cute :p

Top Bottom