FS: Kala KA-KBE-C KOA Baritone Cutaway Electric- Acoustic Ukulele<SOLD>

Status
Not open for further replies.

ukulelecowboy

Reaction score
FS: Kala KA-KBE-C KOA Baritone Cutaway Electric- Acoustic Ukulele SOLD!

I am selling my Kala KA-KBE-C Koa Baritone Ukulele.

Excellent condition, low action, Shadow active electronics. Beautiful satin finish.

Loaded with fresh Southcoast Linear Strings GCEA tuning. (Loaded after photos were taken)

Original with the following modifications:

Upgraded Gotoh tuners
Installed strap button on neck heel

(Note: There is a filled hole from a previous strap button on the headstock rear. It does not affect playability)

Otherwise in excellent condition. Plays great, clear tone. I'm selling because I need to make room for some recent baritone purchases. Comes with case as shown

I'm asking $225 with free shipping in Continental USA.

UU_SIGN_NEW.jpg

LowerBody.jpg

Headstock.jpg

Back-1.jpg

Last edited:
You mentioned GCEA tuning and not the expected bari DGBE. Is that a low or high G, and does this just make it a very large tenor??

Low G tuning. Completely different experience than playing a tenor. The instrument has a fuller more resonant sound, the neck and fretboard are wider and the frets are spaced further apart. From a jazz and swing perspective (which is what I play) the GCEA tuned bari is perfect for standards where traditional jazz chord progressions are the norm. Also, if you have larger hands as I do, it is a real blessing. My fingers get tangled on a tenor when I play diminished, half-dimished, b9, or 6 chords. Never happens on a baritone.

Hey Mike- I have one in the mail so this is tough, but this price...argh. Got any pictures of the filled hole and the new strap button- I think that is the hang-up for me.
Cheers
Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom