"Worried Man Blues"

H

Hippie Dribble

traditional. American.

I first learnt this song from Pete Seeger. If anyone can turn a sad song into a happy one, it's him!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghTJUlHcS44

I played it on a chocolate heart mango concert uke from Mya Moe. A nice easy one to play and an awesome singalong tune for groups of folks. Hope you enjoy it everyone. :)

"Worried Man Blues"

It (G)takes a worried man to sing a worried song
It (C)takes a worried man to sing a worried (G)song
It takes a worried man to (Bm)sing a worried (Em)song
I'm worried (D7)now, but I won't be worried (G)long.

I went a cross that river and I lay down to sleep
Went across that river and I lay down to sleep
I went across that river and I lay down to sleep
And when I woke up, I had shackles on my feet

There's 29 links of chain around my leg
29 links of chain around my leg
There's 29 links of chain around my leg
And on each link, the initials of my name

Now I looked down that track just as far as I could see
I looked down that track just as far as i could see
I looked down that track just as far as I could see
A little bitty hand, was waving back at me.

Awesome, and thanks for the chords.
Don

Wow, love your version. This is one of my favorites but I tend to play a very boring "straight" strummed version. Now I have a good example to rip-off...er...I mean study. LOL

John

Aloha Eugene,
Wow another song..holy smokes..great job as usual and love your enthusiasm and heart and soul you put into it.... as for choice of songs....and the words..
these are strong words in this song...and makes me think if there is any paralells there.... hoping not, You will be fine and your health will improve...have
trust in God, your doctor, and your Family and friends here to support you.. God's speed into a Speedy recovery...MM Stan

thanks so much Joe, 23, Don, John, Stan and aspie, I really appreciate it fellas. Yeah, sure is a catchy tune that one and has a lively tempo. Lots of fun to play. Cheers guys!

Awesome John. Thanks brother for taking the time to comment. :)

Top Bottom