Mainlad Tenor in Easter Island, arrived

patico

Reaction score
hi UUers
after waiting for several weeks, it finally arrived.
as i promised to Mike@Mainlandukes, here's the picture of the ukulele n the moais.

brief review...
nice looking instrument
no construction issues or defects
keeps in tune well
intonation up the bridge is ok (most important thing for me)
nice action n setup

sound.... i'm also into that "opening up of the instruments" so i know i have to wait for the instrument to settle down. here we have a very humid climate and the wood needs to breath this fresh air for some time before the final sound of the instrument appears. as i said before, there are no flaws in the instrument, and the initial sound is ok, so i think in about 6 - 12 months it'll be really opening up and sounding richer, fuller n all those words that describe music.

i'll try to post some vids with strummin n fingerplayin for you guys to appreciate my new tenor...

Attachments

• ukusesion 025.jpg
    ukusesion 025.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 111
Great picture! Thanks for sharing and congratulations. Love those Mainlands!

Congratulations! Looks like your patience has been nicely rewarded. Have a blast with that ukulele!!

Wow that is a great pic and a nice looking `ukulele there! Congratulations and have fun!

Aloha Patico,
Coongratualtons..wow Mike got it there quick and safe..it loooks awesome...Awesome picture too...thanks for sharing..Happy strummings and Have Fun and enjoy... MM Stan

Nice picture, there's just something poetic about a Mainland uke on Easter Island...

That is some huge tiki's in the background :) , exciting to see ukulele's all over the world.

I heard a rumour that all the trees on easter island were cut down to make ukes :)

I heard a rumour that all the trees on easter island were cut down to make ukes :)
I read an article about a month ago saying now the discovered it was from bugs or animals too...not sure if that is right though..
Love the Moai (Rapa Nui tiki's) in the picture...you have a great style, awesome dude and nice to see you opened a You Tube Account..MM Stan

I know when I have received all of my Mainlands, they took a couple of months to really start to shine. I was a little disappointed but when they do, they ring out so nicely and sound just perfect. Cool picture.

Just printed out the pic and put it above my desk! Awesome!

jajajajajajajaja

thanks to guys of Mainland.
no thanks to Aduana, where the fees n charges n extras are done.

it's nice to hear you liked the pic.
the second vid is the outline of an instrumental song i'm writing for my wife. she's my direct connection with the "Taimana" the soul of the Polynesia.

Nice uke, you really make that baby sing! Congrats.

Aloha Patico... That ONE picture is probably the BEST picture I have ever seen of a classic uke and case with the Moai in the background, fantastic....Enjoy that bad boy!!!!

Top Bottom