Martin 5k ukulele?

UkeCanDoIt!

Reaction score
I'm just curious, and maybe this is a stupid question, but I'm no expert on ukuleles and their supposed worth. I just have to know something... What is so special about the Martin 5k ukulele? The materials (wood, hardware, etc)? It's construction? Was it assembled by a team of scantily clad virgin fairies? Why is it worth so much? What makes it different than other fine ukuleles?

There is a huge market for Vintage Martin ukes. This will always make the reissue models more valuble. Also, the Martin 5K, although a great sounding and built uke, is geared towards the Martin collector.

As far as the scantily clad virgin fairies, I think I would prefer that they keep their clothes on. Here's my Custom D-18V the day it was finished. Look over his shoulder towards the right side of that rack. Martin's ukes were being built in the Custom Shop, so they do get quite a bit of quality hands on work done.

d18vdone.jpg

Last edited:
The 5K Martin Uke was the most adorned Uke of the Martin line. It was low production and included inlays not available on the other lines. The 3k is the most popular line, for both sound and collectability, but the 5k is the ultimate for a collection. Vintage Martin ukes do not have serial #'s so look for the oldies if you have the cash!

(I own a vintage 3k)

Top Bottom