Nud!

Uk3player78

Reaction score
Well as i explained in my intro i got the uke bug after buying a uke for my 2 year old daughter. I bought it to occupy her while i played my acoustic guitar. Playing guitar from 16 to now (32) im a 100% acoustic player.

I bought a Tanglewood TU6 which was a poor instrument but it gave me a taste. I've now received in the post a Lanikai LU21 C. The concert size suits me better. I may get a Pono in the future but for now im over the moon with this little Uke :).

uke.jpg

uke2.jpg

Aloha Uk3player78!
Welcome to UU and to the 'ukulele. I may not be a doctor, but it looks to me like you are showing early symptoms Ukulele Acquisition Syndrome. So far, there has not been a cure for UAS. Enjoy your stay here and keep on strumming!

Mason671

Nice buy, I see the Aquilas on there already, cool.......and have fun and enjoy..thanks for sharing...MM Stan

Thanks all. Progressing nicely. Had a strum in my garden today. Nice day, wife pottering about and daughter sat listening. yes a 2 year old sitting still! :p

Congratulations on the new ukulele! I've had the chance to play some Lanikai ukes and I like the sound of them.

Congrats on the New Uke :D Sounds like UAS is in full swing...just wondered what you didn't like about the Tanglewood, have a TU 1CE and LOVE it :D

Congrats on the New Uke :D Sounds like UAS is in full swing...just wondered what you didn't like about the Tanglewood, have a TU 1CE and LOVE it :D

The sound wasn't really the problem. Its just poorly made. Uneven gloss, over spray onto the fingerboard and dents. Maybe i got a bad one and should have sent it back, but i sold it to a friend who didn't care :).

My wife is from Swindon, we visit 3x a year she moved up to Scotland to live with me. Your story is inspiring i would love to come to one of your Uke meet up's (wife and daughter on tow :p). My daughter has a Mahalo so she's part of the Uke club at 2 years old hehe.

IMAG0107.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom