The Way I Am, a personal favorite

Canoe Lady

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
It was a lovely afternoon, so I thought I would experiment with the new video recorder. It is so nice to have the portability and not have to rely on the laptop camera.

This is one of my favorites to sing around the campfire, especially if there are willing participants to sing along, play bongo drums, or clap along. Maybe I will see if the "willing participants" will help out next time.

Aloha Canoelady,
Wow....that was awesome..You have a beautiful voice and played the uke very well too....you voice reminds me of the beach song movies of the 60's I loved soo much...wow wee...
and it is very beautiful where you live...guess you have your own paradise there...now I know where the Canoe comes from...Thanks for sharing...MM Stan

Last edited:
Wowza!!!!!!! That was totally awesome...we've been waiting for one from you for too long D. What a sweet, sweet voice you have mate. Beautiful song and chord progression, but wow, your playing and singing was just gorgeous. As for the location, stunning. Everything was just so right about that clip. Blown away... :)

I loved it! Everything about, the location, the gentle wind, the song choice, your playing and your beautiful voice!!!

I dig it, I'm bongoing along now! very well done. Nice video quality, needs more volume tho. Thanks for posting.
Chordses please?

Aw thanks for the nice comments. I am pretty shy when performing, so if I can do this, anyone can. This forum has helped me realize that I can just sing and play and have fun with this and not really worry about what people think. The campfire sing-alongs have been a great help to get me over some of the nerves. A cold beverage sometimes helps too :)

The chords for this one are F Dm Bb and C.

It is one of the first songs I learned, so I had to learn the dreaded Bb early on. This song was made extra special when a lovely woman I met on Maui picked up my new-to-me Kamaka soprano and chose this song to sing. Of course, she played and sang it much better than I could ever hope to, but we shared a bond in that moment that brought tears to my eyes. Yeah, I am a bit of a sap.

Hey Stan, when do we get to see a video from you??

Where do I sign up to be a willing participant? <GRIN>

Seriously, that was an excellent video. Good singing, good playing, and very, very good framing of the shot! Either you put a lot of thought into arranging that setting or you are one lucky lady! :)

John

That was awesome! Can I come visit? Beautiful place!

Thanks for the nice comments :)
I welcome any uker to come visit this little corner of Heaven where I have been blessed to be able to live. Maybe next summer we can have an after UWC party here. :) :) :)

As well as endorsing all that has been said...Great harmony, and rhythm!

Thanks for sharing!

Chris

Top Bottom