FS: Ashbory Bass and Epiphone Mandobird ("Ukebird")

kissing

Reaction score
The Ashbory Bass has been sold, and the Epiphone Mandobird is no longer for sale (had a change of heart).
Thanks for looking everyone. Staff members feel free to close this thread!

I have for sale from my collection two beloved electric instruments.

1. Ashbory fretless bass S O L D ! ! !

-Short-scale (like the UBass), standard bass guitar tuning (EADG).
-Active electronics (9V battery)
-Volume, Treble, Bass knobs
-Road Toad Music black polyurethane strings (same ones that UBass uses).
-Timeless classic made by Fender.
-Included: Original gigbag, Slyde-Rite finger powder that was originally provided (apparently it can lubricate the fingers, making slide-playing easier).

I got this instrument in March this year from www.largesound.com - the biggest seller of Ashbory basses. They do a quality inspection before sending out, and mine came in perfect condition. I have played it only in my room.

Since buying it, I have upgraded the original silicone strings to the Ubass polyurethane strings, which last a lot longer and feel smoother to play. I have also replaced the cheap "Heavy duty" battery with an Alkaline battery for better performance and longevity of the electronics.

It was my introduction to a bass instrument, and I have had a great time recording with it in videos such as:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bz9v3MkUGUk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gI068j20-Q

It has a bouncy, jazzy sound through a bass amp. Apparently it sounds a lot like an upright bass (I haven't played one before). The fretless fingerboard is fun to play, though it takes a bit of getting used to for a beginner.

As far as I can see, it still is in "as new" condition, since I've only played it in my room and taken good care of it.

At Largesound.com, where I originally bought it, they go for $247 brand new, not including shipping.

I'll be selling it for $180 including international shipping!

So basically you're getting an "as new" condition Ashbory with upgraded strings and battery with free shipping.

14072011047.jpg

2. Epiphone Mandobird No longer for sale.. I just had a jam session with it, and I just knew I couldn't let this one slip, even if it means poverty !

-Steel strings, single coil pickup
-Tuned gcea (low G)
-Takes a set of regular D'addario 0.009 electric guitar strings (use the ADGB strings).
-Tone and volume control
-Including gigbag that it came in.

I purchased this electric uke from a fellow UU member (ukulelecowboy) back in April. I bought it because I couldn't resist another steel-string electric uke. After I received it, I put new strings on it. Changed the tuning from high-G to low-G, and readjusted the bridge for accurate intonation.

It was originally a 4-string electric mandolin, so the neck is a bit thinner than a typical uke. But after getting used to it a bit, I find it a very easy and fast fingerboard to play. You can play it clean or with sustain and distortion - it's as versatile as an electric guitar, except it's a uke! And it's hard to find a steel string uke at an affordable price.

There are no defects as far as I can tell. Ukulelecowboy sold it to me in mint condition, and I have maintained that mint condition. It has been played occasionally in my room. Selling it because I bought a new bass guitar.. and finances got a bit tight :(

I bought it for a total of $220 including shipping.
I'm willing to sell it for $175 including shipping international :)

14072011048.jpg

Please PM me for purchase interest.
Feel free to ask questions in this thread.
I accept Paypal (preferably instant payment), and I will ship it in a sturdy cardboard box with lots of padding via standard air parcel.
Currencies I listed are in USD.

Last edited:
I've just texted my husband about the Ashbory to see if a co-worker of his wants it. You see, he loaned mine out to this friend and it seems the guy really likes it.

Last edited:
Great job on those videos

Thanks for looking.
The Ashbory bass has been sold, and the Epiphone is no longer for sale.

This thread is finished :D

Top Bottom