Guitar for sale

chindog

Reaction score
We have some guitar players on here, so someone might be interested in this beauty. This is my best guitar, and since I have decided to transition into Ukulele, I need to sell something to finance a uke purchase. I am asking $500.

This is my first guitar other than cheap campfire strummers I had back in high school. I got it new about 2006. This is the top of the line Ibanez Artcore model. I bought it new, and it has lived in a non-smoking home. It needs a new home so I can move on to a good playable uke.

This is an Artcore AF105 NT. The NT is code for Natural, as this is a natural finish flamed maple instrument. It is beautiful, which is why I bought it in the first place. It has a maple top, maple sides and back, and a maple/walnut neck.

It has binding all over the place. Even the pickguard is bound. The pickguard is not plastic, it is made of the same maple as the body. The fingerboard is rosewood. The inlays are mother of pearl, and abalone. The abalone is inlayed inside the mother of pearl. The tailpiece and knobs are Teak wood.

Here's the url for the Ibanez specs on this model:
http://www.ibanez.com/HollowBodyGuitars/model-AF105

The MSRP on this model is over $1100, but the street price is $900 at all the major online retailers. I figure that the average person could call on the phone and sweet talk a rep down by 20%, so a realistic price on a new one before tax and shipping would be about $720. Tax and shipping? Ha! Most online major retailers don't charge for that, so $720 net is probably what you could get a new one for.

This one is used, but not used all that much. It has not been played out. There are no dings, dents, or scratches. The body, neck, head, and back are like new. There is no buckle rash. Since this guitar has been played, there is some slight fret wear on the frets near the nut.

There is a hard shell case included. There are a couple of places on the case where the tolex is rubbed off, showing the wood. You can see it in the photos linked below.

Here is a photo:
AF105050.jpg

And another:
AF105002.jpg

There are a lot of photos on my photobucket account here:
http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g212/japchindog/Ibanez/

If you would like more info, please send me a PM, or an email at chindog (at) chin (dot) org.

Jeesh.. Nice.. I can NOT let my daughter see this post.. (Nothin baby, go back up to your room...)

What a looker! I have an Artcore AF75 sunburst and love it. Bought it when they first came out. The Ibanez Artcore line is amazing for the price. Good luck with the sale.

I'm dropping the asking price to $450. I've got an ad on Craig's List for the Atlanta area. I'll go down to $400. I need the money from selling this guitar to buy a ukulele. I really need a ukulele.

Sale is pending. The buyer is supposed to come pick it up tomorrow afternoon. Funny how it is either feast or famine. After all this time, I got 2 offers within 2 days. If the guy tomorrow doesn't come, there is another guy that among other things is a guitar instructor at a university in Chicago. I looked up his webpage, and he has a bunch of photos of him playing hollowbodies similar to this one. He is here in Atlanta doing a play down in the artsy part of town.

So, I guess I'd like to ask the mods to close this thread.

What's a 'guitar'?

Top Bottom