Hp7

peytakeeho

Reaction score
Deathly Hallows Part 2. I saw it at midnight (England time :3). Any opinions? I thought it was really different from what I'd imagined, but a pretty good film.

A tv reporter named John Stapleton was the guest
on a long running tv word game this week,and the
film(s) were mentioned.He said that he had never
read the books,nor seen the films.How I envy him!
I unfortunately read the books at the insistance of
someone in the family who assured me they were
'good'. Had to sit through the first three films but
found them a waste of everyone's time and effort.

I thought as the final movie in the entire series, it did a great job. I was so disappointed by part one of book 7 but part 2 made up for it for sure. The battle scene was really awesome as far as special effects and action goes. Really enjoyable movie by any standard.

I'm not going to be able to see it until Wednesday (stupid spouse's work schedule!) but we are re-watching all the 7 prior films. Last night was "Prisoner of Azkaban" and it reminded me why that is my favorite of the first seven films, even though "Half Blood Prince" is my favorite book in the series.

Without spoiling any major scenes, can you just tell me if it is worth my money as a Snape (and Alan Rickman) fan? I was so bummed at how much his character is usually cut out of the movies -- Half Blood Prince in particular. I have a ridiculous, inexplicable crush on Alan Rickman and Snape has always been my fave character. At least if my expectations are lowered I won't be as disappointed as I was in the last couple of movies.

I'm glad to hear you liked it though. :)

Grumble, I'm still wishing I hadn't tossed out my "Snapes on a plane" tshirt - I would have worn that on Wednesday.

Without spoiling any major scenes, can you just tell me if it is worth my money as a Snape (and Alan Rickman) fan?

You will not be disappointed!!! I see Severus in a whole new light now.

All around, an excellent movie.

~Michael

Yeah they managed to do a ton of explanation on Snape which really is something special on its own.

I sure hope this didnt spoil anything!

peytakeeho,no,I did not like them at all.The books were
badly written and the films made purely to cash in on a
passing fad! Unlike quality fantasy which will endure,the
idiot wizard child will soon pass from memory.If Potter is
a wizard,how come in every book/film he is surprised to
find he can perform magic? How come he wears glasses
is there no spell to cure his poor eyesight? Etc......

I'm not going to be able to see it until Wednesday (stupid spouse's work schedule!) but we are re-watching all the 7 prior films. Last night was "Prisoner of Azkaban" and it reminded me why that is my favorite of the first seven films, even though "Half Blood Prince" is my favorite book in the series.

Without spoiling any major scenes, can you just tell me if it is worth my money as a Snape (and Alan Rickman) fan? I was so bummed at how much his character is usually cut out of the movies -- Half Blood Prince in particular. I have a ridiculous, inexplicable crush on Alan Rickman and Snape has always been my fave character. At least if my expectations are lowered I won't be as disappointed as I was in the last couple of movies.

I'm glad to hear you liked it though. :)

Grumble, I'm still wishing I hadn't tossed out my "Snapes on a plane" tshirt - I would have worn that on Wednesday.

Most definitely! There's a montage near the end, and a scene with him and Voldemort (I'm presuming you've read the book), both of which are really, really good :)

peytakeeho,no,I did not like them at all.The books were
badly written and the films made purely to cash in on a
passing fad! Unlike quality fantasy which will endure,the
idiot wizard child will soon pass from memory.If Potter is
a wizard,how come in every book/film he is surprised to
find he can perform magic? How come he wears glasses
is there no spell to cure his poor eyesight? Etc......

Fair enough, each to their own...

I accept that I am the odd one out on this!
I didn't care for any of the 'Bourne' films either
which everyone raved about.And the three
Star Wars 'prequels' well,our dog could do better
and he's been dead ten years! But hey,as you
say each to their own! millions enjoy that stuff
so great,it's just not my thing!

HP 7 part 2.

Just saw this at the movies. Did anyone else? If so what did you think about it?

I thought it was the best film but the 7th book was the worst book ironic hey. Just my opinion though.

Just saw this at the movies. Did anyone else? If so what did you think about it?

I thought it was the best film but the 7th book was the worst book ironic hey. Just my opinion though.

Just merging your thread into this one as it is currently already being discussed here. Thanks.
PS - glad to hear you like the movie, I'm off to see it Wednesday.

Sorry about putting the thread in the wrong place my bad. Thanks for moving it and enjoy the movie.

I personally thought the script wasn't the best, I think they tried to add a lot of comedy into the film, but it really needed to maintain the intensity in some of the deeper moments. However, the acting and music was fantastic. And I did like the book the most out of all of them :p But that's just me

I just saw it tonight. I thought it was very well done. That's about as well as they could have done at bringing the whole thing to a close. Radcliffe acted particularly well in it.

Before Harry Potter, my daughter had never read a book that didn't have a picture on every page. Then she jumped right in and read the 350-page "Prisoner of Azkaban". Within a couple of years, she was waiting in line to get the 900-page "Order of the Phoenix". As a father, I realize what a great feat that is.

The books are actually very well done for fantasy. I loved Tolkien, but his
characters were mostly interchangeable. He was much better at storytelling than characterization. (Did Aragorn have any trace of a personality in the books?) Rowling is great at writing characters, and told a story that had millions caught up in it for good reason. I think these books will hold up as well over the years as "Lord of the Rings" has.

Last edited:
"the films made purely to cash in on a passing fad! "

Well they succeeded in a pretty big way.

"Unlike quality fantasy which will endure,the idiot wizard child will soon pass from memory."

There I'm going to have to disagree. The Harry Potter series will be around for decades. At least as long as some of the quality fantasy that hasn't sold a tenth of what a single Potter book has sold. It will endure in the same way that The Lord of the Rings has. You may not enjoy them but millions of kids lined up at bookstores all over the world to buy copies when they came on the market. That kind of mass acceptance doesn't fade very easily.

If nothing else we should celibrate the fact that JK Rowling got kids into bookstores again. The kid who picks up a Harry Potter book is a lot more likely to look for something else to read when they are finished. And who knows - their next book might be a "quality" fantasy book.

Last edited:
I just got home from seeing it and I really enjoyed it. As a Snape fan, it was nice to see him get some screentime. Deathly Hallows was never my favorite of the books (I like Half Blood Prince the best) but this was tied with Prisoner of Azkaban for my fave of the movies. When they first announced it would be two films (the last book), I was against it -- and even after seeing Part One, with all the filler, I wasn't convinced. But after seeing Part Two, I'm glad they made that decision -- it was worth it for this finale.

Pretty good points I reckon. It certainly kept me reading regularly from age 8 onwards :)

Top Bottom