PDA

View Full Version : Southern Illinois Ukin' in the Woods 2011! THE SEQUAL!

bornagainjeeper
07-15-2011, 10:01 AM
NOTICE:::: This information was UPDATED in late August, as the location for the event has shifted slightly due to unforeseen circumstances and state politics... (no really) new info is underlined

Howdy!
After a wonderful success last year, I am proud to say Ukin' in the Woods will return for another year. This 2011 Ukin' In the woods already shows promise to grow from last years event...If you'll looking for a laid back fall weekend among the leaves of North Americas more diverse hardwood forest, this is the place to be! A quick recap of last year: We had 17 people show up, a small but extremely warm group. Friday saw playing around a campfire, a toy piano, and coyotes howling, scaring the pants off of Big City Seeso. Saturday was a hike 2 miles into a remote (yet accessible) National Wilderness Area.

Camp out Objective(why)
The objective of this event is to not only build bonds of friendship but bonds with our natural world as well. Making music in the forest, near the water, or on a bluff with people with who, we have so much in common.

Who- Open to all ages uke players or enthusiasts, friends, family, pets ect...I expect the turn out to be modest, around 20-30 people, and intimate gathering to share good music and conversation

When- DATE CONFIRMED FOR OCTOBER 14-15-16 2011....Arrive on friday anytime after noon (or just talked to me ahead and you can come earlier) and be leaving Sunday evening ish....

Where- THE SITE HAS CHANGED!- I received news that i would be unable to use the facility we used last year, which was lovely, putting me in a tight spot...but some quick calls got me another one which i truly and honestly like better (see video) This large site (likely nearly and acre) features a large fire ring with benches (as well as room for comfy chairs) a neat little stage area! and a very small shelter with a few benches and such for covert jams and video taking (also COULD sleep maybe 3 people in a pinch)...a trail which originates from that site (a Civilian conservation corps heritage trail for history nerds) as well as water, semi skanky vault toilets, and a very large pavilion perfect in case of possible rain troubles (technically we can't sleep in it, technically....) This site offers a few things the other didn't...while there is no longer any real indoor camping (that cabin was a lovely touch) there is that shelter for emergencies. Alcohol is 100% permitted at this site (unlike last years secret agent drinking) and we are still very fair away from other groups. The scenery is marvelous tucked back into a little holler with a small creek near by, steep wall on one side and rolling ozark. I was honestly seriously bummed about the cabin situation this morning, however, upon visiting the site, i'm nearly giddy. This site is a little farther south, making the nearest city Anna Illinois, which does have a small number of hotel rooms in chains (super 8 i think) and would be 15 minutes or so from the group. The train does not go to anna, but carbondale is still only about 25-30 minutes away, less convenient but still very doable, and rides can easily be arranged, just be vocal ahead of time. I will update with full directions but http://dnr.state.il.us/lands/landmgt/parks/r5/trltears.htm will get you some vague instructions. Long story short, you would (if getting off of I 57...take Hwy13 west to the down of murphysboro, then south on 127...20 miles down is Trail of Tears State Forest. From St louis, you would already be on 127 anyhow....
The ONE downside to this site is....no showers located terribly nearby...I don't believe the park has any...I still have acess to the showers at little grassy campground, but that is quite a while away...(fine for your way home)... There is one outdoor shower stall at my Boss/mentor//friends house more on that in a minute.... The cooking situation is all on your own, there are a few grills at the site (the typical park kind) on stands. I will bring a large 1 burner propane jet engine of a stove (the bottom of a turkey fryer) other wise all coolers, beer, food, ect is on your own with the possibe exception of saturday night (see later)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4AtC_HI1a4

Driving DIRECTIONS! the location is Trail of Tears State forest (Jonesboro Il)

FROM CHICAGOLAND. Take I 57 South PASSING marion illinois exit (last years) by about 20 miles. You will exit at HWY 146 Anna Vienna and travel WEST Passing through Anna, and then the twin "city" of Jonesboro. After leaving jonesboro you will make a RIGHT on HWY 127 NORTHBOUND toward murphysboro. About 2 miles up the road is the signage for TRAIL OF TEARS STATE FOREST. Follow the park road until you reach a Silver barnshaped gift and visitors center, making a LEFT on Fire Tower Road. Follow this road through the picnic area, Following signs to the YOUTH CAMP where it dead ends (And wiggles about) to a yellow gate near the bathrooms and large brown walled pavillion

FROM ST LOUISLAND: Take I 64 EAST exiting at NASHVILLE IL HWY 127. Follow one 127 SOUTH about 1 hour and 15 minutes PAST MUPHYSBORO. You will pass the town of ALTOPASS and you are about 5 miles away. Take a RIGHT at TRAIL OF TEARS STATE FOREST r Follow the park road until you reach a Silver barnshaped gift and visitors center, making a LEFT on Fire Tower Road. Follow this road through the picnic area, following signs to the YOUTH CAMP where it dead ends (And wiggles about) to a yellow gate near the bathrooms and large brown walled pavillion[/COLOR]

A NOTE ABOUT ANNA. JONESBORO. There is a semi confusing intersection (for me anyhow) While following 146 WEST you will come to a stop light near the train tracks. At the intersection you will continue to follow 146 by making a LEFT at the stop sign CROSSING the Railroad tracks, then traveling through jonesboro, around a small round about but continuing in a straight direction through.

What:
Friday- Just meet-greet, Jam and Eat. Participants will likely arrive mid to late afternoon. The cabin site does have electricity, to facilitate jamming into the night (as well as a wonderful fireplace)
Saturday- BREAKFAST PROVIDED BY TIM OF UKEEKU.COM pancakes, eggs, ect free for all the masses! then---Southern Illinois is home to a wonderful array of wineries, (a dozen or more) many specializing in our most common local crops apples and peaches, as well as grapes. Saturday will be spent winding our way down the country roads and forcing our ukulele ways on the patrons of these fine establishments, as most of these wineries as very scenic areas to sit and enjoy the late summer sun (expect temperatures in the 60's to 70s during the day, and 35-55 at night) This won't be a completely organized afternoon, though i expect the majority of us will travel together,being the wacky band of minstrels we are. At some point we will then travel to do some ukin' in the woods. A short hike (different from last year) Will be the name of the game. The hike will be kept reasonably short 1-3 miles or about 1.5 hours of walking, but will be over moderately difficult uneven terrain...The hike will take place at one of many of the wonderful sites in the shawnee national forest (google it for pictures) Home to 300 million year old sandstone bluffs, and abundant wildlife, birding, and flora. Of course the hike is optional, and for those differently abled or choosing not to join us, arrangements can be made for canoe rentals (which can happen for anyone at any time, just let me know) and a wonderful time on beautiful Grassy Lake in the heart of Crab Orchard National Wildlife refuge, a winter home to nearly a Half a million migrating waterfowl. Saturday will likely also feature time at Crazy Curts Cabin (my boss) if he is availabe that weekend-where he offered to Cook out for us, play music (hes a veryyyyy talented song writer and musician, a local treasure down here...i posted a lecture he did later in this thread) Curt lives within spittin distance of trail of tears (apperently there is a trail you could even hike (drunk?) from our wood to his...but the car trip is 5 min. Hes got a nice outdoor sauna and shower...So bring your swimming trunks and a towel of you're into that kinda thing I SURE AM. That shower could be used, with respectful discretion please, by those really in need of a shower.

Sunday Can be Nature or Wine part II for those who wish to stay. I can point you towards other wonderful places to visit...Or will GLADLY join you for some guided afternoon adventure (i am a wilderness guide afterall...some people pay good money for that!..not sure why...) Most folks last year left early afternoon on sunday to get home for the monday grind...but i would be happy to entertain anyone willing to extend their weekend.

Cost of the event is $5 per person per night, and we will be staying two nights. Regardless of other accommodations, I would ask for the fee, as they will likely do a head count during the day, and charge accordingly and i'm likely going to loose some money myself somewhere anyhow....so it could help me start keeping up with the costs.
Other Accomodations:
If camping isn't your thing for physical or other reasons, and a nice comfy bed is the way you want to go, please look into

the Towns of Carbondale (25 miles from site) Marion (35 miles from site) Anna (5miles from site) and Murphysboro ( 20 miles from site,) all have many hotels

So that's about all for now, I will update this thread often, as i get more information, there is an existing Facebook group "Ukin' in the Woods" which has pictures from last year, as well as a place for upto information and discussion about rides, gear, and other concerns...

Alex

olgoat52
07-15-2011, 10:08 AM
Alex. I will be making it this year. Looking forward to it. Thanks for organizing it again.

bornagainjeeper
07-15-2011, 10:11 AM
Well luckily I managed to devise and event that requires very little real effort from me...look at people like Hoosierhiver as real heros of the ukefest circut

cheekmeat
07-15-2011, 10:41 AM
I do believe I'm in.
I see there is Amtrak from Chicago. From there I'll swipe some kid's big wheel.

haolejohn
07-15-2011, 10:56 AM
Iknow I am going to try and come but not sure if the wife will let me leave the baby with her for the weekend.

austin1
07-15-2011, 11:35 AM
last year was absolutely amazing, and I wish I could make it this year! You guys will have a blast, for sure.

Ukulelerob
07-15-2011, 12:05 PM
I will do my best to be there. Probably my sister Lynn also. Actually I'd like to do more than Fri, Sat and Sun. We'll see.

bornagainjeeper
07-15-2011, 02:21 PM
I do believe I'm in.
I see there is Amtrak from Chicago. From there I'll swipe some kid's big wheel.

we can certainly arrangea ride to save the poor kis of carbondale...its only about 15 minutes from the train to the site... hope to see you

ukeeku
07-15-2011, 06:26 PM
Im in again. trying to get the wife to come also this time.
I will do breakfast saturday morning for everyone. Just Eggs, pancakes, and other stuffs like orange juice and fruit. get our energy up for the hike and wine tours

cheekmeat
07-16-2011, 04:23 AM
Spectacular, thanks!

bornagainjeeper
07-16-2011, 05:48 AM
wonderful thanks tim!

PoisonDart
07-18-2011, 10:52 AM
oh yeahhh!

Bassukuguy
07-28-2011, 12:51 AM
Psyched once again this year. New phone, so no unfortunate accidental pocket dials.

hoosierhiver
07-28-2011, 04:20 AM
Psyched once again this year. New phone, so no unfortunate accidental pocket dials.

For anyone who missed it, last year Matt had his phone in his back pocket and accidentally dialed 911 with his butt while asleep in the middle of the night. A cop showed up and nobody could figure out what happened till the next day. Sorry Matt, but it's a great story!

ukeeku
07-28-2011, 07:09 AM
For anyone who missed it, last year Matt had his phone in his back pocket and accidentally dialed 911 with his butt while asleep in the middle of the night. A cop showed up and nobody could figure out what happened till the next day. Sorry Matt, but it's a great story!
We knew it was an awesome time when the cops came.

knadles
07-28-2011, 09:09 AM
Arrgh. I have a sound gig I have to work on 10/16! Bah. Ah well. Next year. :(

-Pete

bgrif
07-31-2011, 07:11 AM
Hope to make it this year!

earljam
08-01-2011, 03:03 PM
If you're planning on getting a cabin or a B&B, call now; 10/15 is SIU's homecoming game.

earljam
08-03-2011, 10:01 AM
Also the weekend of Vulture Fest in Makanda, so there will be a lot going on...

bornagainjeeper
08-04-2011, 04:50 PM
Also the weekend of Vulture Fest in Makanda, so there will be a lot going on...
yes thank you earl....it also fell on that weekend last year, most people were unable to find a BB, (though we only had about 20) Alllllso you and i need to get together and play...had any makanda get togethers lately...i just live up by cedar lake on old 51

bornagainjeeper
08-19-2011, 08:54 PM
Ok so everything is totally on track and ready to go, very excited about this year... I want to get your input.... Last year we put together a song and played country roads by john denver and i think it was alot of fun for everyone. We were at the apex of our hike, next to a creek in a nice sand stone shelter bluff (sorta a cave) the acoustics were lovey and it was truey a magical moment for me. That song has always been a hymn of sorts for me, reminding me where my heart is....and sense ukin in the woods functions sort of like a wilderness retreat, a moment to relax and reflect (in the least hippie way i can) i want to share that with all of you this year. SO we need a song, an anthem if you will, for this year. I have lots of wonderful songs that would be appropriate, most of which written by my boss (thus not widely known) but i would like to have everyones input in this. Think about key words like "nature, peace, happiness, calm, rivers, trees, lakes" and try to come up with some song suggestions. We'll pick a song that we like, get chords distributed, i'll put up a tutorial video to play along with and practice if needed...and we'll all sing along WAY out in the woods. For song suggestions try to think of songs that stick to just a few chords, and the relatively easy ones....C G F Am Dm Em A ect.... none of that Wsus4addJ nonsense....
I have not yet selected this years wilderness outing site yet (there are so many to choose from) but weather permitting, i still plan on saturday late morning being adventure time...with a short 1-2 mile hike. A few possible locations include a site with 1000 year old+ native american rock art.... another with a high vista over the Miss. river...A natural spring fed waterway with glorious blue water...or one of many others... The song choice might help me make up my mind, if i feel so inspired. For those of you who use facebook, and plan to come, we have a group on facebook (search ukin in the woods) and we'll see about picking up a discussion there. If anyone needs gear, (tents sleeping bags, ect) that would be a good place to let me, or anyone who has spares, know what we can try to help you out with. Its getting nearer, closing in on the month mark here in just a few weeks. I'd also like to start getting something of a rough headcount, to know whether to prepare for 15 or 50 (i expect 35 or more this year i think).
Anyway, look forward to seeing you all let me know of any concerns of questions you have and i can try to accommodate or answer them for you as best i can. Thanks
Alex

olgoat52
08-20-2011, 05:54 AM
+1 You pick better songs than me. Post a youtube link to one or two of your Boss's tunes and we can learn them. Or we could just play the Hound Dog song with Mainland Mike. 2 chords (and lots of wine and beer)

hoosierhiver
08-20-2011, 06:42 AM
Goin up the country

bornagainjeeper
08-20-2011, 12:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpaV5OyOlFw

sorry its so long...one song is at the 7 minute mark....Fly to the Moon: a nice song about traveling here is a mastered version http://shorock.com/folk/candc/music.html

Then another at about 38 minutes called "The Flambout (give me a river)" this one is a little tougher, but still three chords and easy to simplify one of my favorites by Curt Carter

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3owVBr1DI64 this is one of my favorites as well..about relaxing and taking it easy- very easy three chord tune

i really like your pick hoosier, definitely in the right vein

also that first video for you storyteller, song writer types is a wonderful video

Ukulelerob
08-20-2011, 02:20 PM
Goin up the country

Goin' up the country is cool.
How about Dead Skunk In the Middle of the Road.

[G] [D7] [C] [G] [G] [D7] [C] [G]

[G] Crossin' the highway [D7] late last night
He [C] shoulda looked left and he [G] shoulda looked right
He didn't see the station [D7] wagon car
The [C] skunk got squashed and [G] there you are

Chorus:
[G] You got your dead skunk in the [D7] middle of the road
[C] Dead skunk in the [G] middle of the road
Dead skunk in the [D7] middle of the road
And its [C] stinking to high [G] heaven [G] [D7] [C] [G]

http://www.scorpex.net/Uke/songs/Dead_Skunk_In_The_Middle_Of_The_Road.pdf

Ukulelerob
08-20-2011, 02:27 PM
I will do my best to be there. Probably my sister Lynn also. Actually I'd like to do more than Fri, Sat and Sun. We'll see.

Unless something unforeseen happens, Lynn and I will be there. I have a motel room reserved for Thursday night in C'Dale, and then plan on being in the campsite Fri and Sat. You still have the same phone number Alex?

Is it October yet?

bornagainjeeper
08-20-2011, 06:38 PM
yes i do rob, and i look forward to seeing the both of you again!

Yopparai
08-22-2011, 05:35 AM
RATS and double RATS! I have to be in Atlanta that week for work. Grumble. The girlie is gonna be unhappy about this.

earljam
08-22-2011, 09:38 AM
yes thank you earl....it also fell on that weekend last year, most people were unable to find a BB, (though we only had about 20) Alllllso you and i need to get together and play...had any makanda get togethers lately...i just live up by cedar lake on old 51

I live off old 51 by Cedar Lake too. Let's play sometime.

No get togethers lately, doing a pretty big addition/remodel on the hacienda.

bornagainjeeper
08-22-2011, 09:48 AM
would be strange if we were next door neighbors....I'm on watertower drive, by the haven of love place....just south of cedar creek road

earljam
08-22-2011, 10:43 AM
would be strange if we were next door neighbors....I'm on watertower drive, by the haven of love place....just south of cedar creek road

Drive by it every day, I'm behind Midland Hills. If you've ever seen an orange glow to the south that looks like it might be a house afire, it's probably a bonfire in our pasture...

Monkeyswithladders
08-22-2011, 01:35 PM
this sounds as amazing as last year's pictures looked. Alas, I have other endeavors that will have me tied up, but wish I could be there so badly. Have a killer time everyone! And again, kudos to Alex for getting this together :D

Markr1
08-22-2011, 03:03 PM
I just checked Anna Illinois is about 142 miles from my home. I'm giving it some thought.

Penguinofsorts
08-22-2011, 05:08 PM
I will be there!!

bornagainjeeper
08-22-2011, 05:09 PM
I just checked Anna Illinois is about 142 miles from my home. I'm giving it some thought. but shouldn't be far...once you've hit Paducah the site should only be about 40 or so minutes, It'd be great to have you, if you need any more information just let me know!
Alex

lisaxy424
08-22-2011, 05:23 PM
I have something that Saturday night - but I'll see if I can get out of it! Since I missed UWC this year, I'm all jittery and need my fix - this looks like it should do it ;)

bornagainjeeper
08-22-2011, 05:31 PM
I have something that Saturday night - but I'll see if I can get out of it! Since I missed UWC this year, I'm all jittery and need my fix - this looks like it should do it ;) IF You have the time with school starting lisa...a new logo would be lovely....very much like the other, the same stick figure motif, but maybe with hiking?

KungFuRabbit
08-22-2011, 05:42 PM
Seeing as how this is so close to home (St. Louis), I am almost sure to attend. Would you like the use of the big (20' x 30') silver pavilion that was at the UWC this year? It fits in my car fine, and I can bring it if you think it would be a welcome addition.

bornagainjeeper
08-22-2011, 06:01 PM
Seeing as how this is so close to home (St. Louis), I am almost sure to attend. Would you like the use of the big (20' x 30') silver pavilion that was at the UWC this year? It fits in my car fine, and I can bring it if you think it would be a welcome addition. WOW thanks man! It would be great to have incase of emergencies maybe...I imagine it takes alot of work to set up, The site has a fair amount of room for camping (and there is lots of other camping if there were a million people, so i'm not certain i would want to automatically want to set it up, as flat space is somewhat limited. That being said if it isn't too much to ask, bringing it along for emergencies would be a welcome backup! There is a pavilion very near by that would hold a great number of people but if it were occupied by another group, we'd have to use other and many smaller ones. As far as sun is concerned the site offers lots and lots of shade, but i VERY much appreciate your offer...bring it along if you don't mind! Thanks Alex

Markr1
08-22-2011, 06:05 PM
Hey bornagainjeeper, Paducah ky?

bornagainjeeper
08-22-2011, 06:10 PM
Hey bornagainjeeper, Paducah ky? yeah right there on the river....basically form there its just straight west across most of the bottom of the state, which isn't all that wide, i don't think it could be anymore than about an hour....

Markr1
08-22-2011, 06:24 PM
I live Owensboro ky and Paducah is just 124 miles from here.

Markr1
08-22-2011, 06:28 PM
Is there a place to camp?

bornagainjeeper
08-22-2011, 06:44 PM
Is there a place to camp? the whole place is a place to camp, in the video above the middle area of grass is open to camping. I would estimate room for upto 20 medium tents or so, with smaller tents tucked in here and there. Otherwise there are sites which can be reserved throughout the park if you visit their site, but i think you'd be happiest hanging out late into the night with the group

Markr1
08-22-2011, 07:13 PM
Cool, I'm making plans. Gonna buy me a tent? I do have access to a not a huge camper are they allowed?

veep
08-23-2011, 04:03 AM
wish i could make it .

seeso
08-23-2011, 04:37 AM
I'm gonna need to share a tent, as I'm a tentless city boy. Any takers? I swear I won't bite.

olgoat52
08-23-2011, 04:18 PM
I'm gonna need to share a tent, as I'm a tentless city boy. Any takers? I swear I won't bite.

You'll probably get more takers if you promise to.. ;) I plan to bring two tents so city boys don't have to totally rough it.

Bassukuguy
08-24-2011, 12:40 AM
i should be putting in for time off tomorrow. also @markr1 are there any uke groups over that way? im in Evansville alot, and i havent found jack for a jam or anything.

UncleElvis
08-24-2011, 04:39 AM
Man, I'd kill to be there, but that's closing weekend for the show.
Next year, I'm there, bebbehs!

I'ma pick up an army surplus pup tent some place and go live in Alex's backyard and make him drive me down to Memphis to go visit the King the week before.

Seese, next year, you an' me, brother.

seeso
08-24-2011, 06:34 AM
You'll probably get more takers if you promise to.. ;) I plan to bring two tents so city boys don't have to totally rough it.

Sweet!

(10 character dance)

chamblin
08-30-2011, 06:37 AM
I live in Cape Girardeau and I'll try to make it out on Friday night if I can :)

bornagainjeeper
08-30-2011, 04:40 PM
sounds great, you're only about 20 minutes tops away...

ukeeku
08-30-2011, 04:49 PM
Sweet!

(10 character dance)
WHAT?!!?!?!?!
You don't want to sleep with me in my circus tent?
I am so hurt. :P

olgoat52
08-30-2011, 06:03 PM
sounds great, you're only about 20 minutes tops away...

Cool we can all shower at your place!!

olgoat52
08-30-2011, 06:04 PM
WHAT?!!?!?!?!

I would never get between you an Seeso.. He can sleep in your circus tent

thomdawg
09-02-2011, 09:59 AM
I can'ta wait!! I'm comin' and be thinkin' Daviddawg gonna show too!! Just tell me what key we are in!

olgoat52
09-02-2011, 07:40 PM
We'll have to find you guys a creek to play in!

I can'ta wait!! I'm comin' and be thinkin' Daviddawg gonna show too!! Just tell me what key we are in!

bornagainjeeper
09-03-2011, 09:59 PM
there is a small creek paralleling the entire site....however...its not as lovely as the UWC one

ADD
09-06-2011, 08:12 PM
WHAT?!!?!?!?!

How big is that circus tent and how many supine people does it accommodate?

KungFuRabbit
09-07-2011, 08:43 PM
sadly, it looks like I have to work Friday and Saturday night...I might try to come out during the day, or possibly over night on Saturday...but, more than likely, I'll have to give this a miss this year.

bornagainjeeper
09-08-2011, 12:59 AM
How big is that circus tent and how many supine people does it accommodate? that thing he brought last year sleeps like...20040 people...ok maybe 10 its pretty massive...

dktoller
09-12-2011, 03:38 AM
there is a small creek paralleling the entire site....however...its not as lovely as the UWC one

Few creeks are, right?
See you all next month! Looking forward to the pancakes.

lisaxy424
09-12-2011, 04:37 PM
I just saw this - do you still need a logo? I can try to work on something this weekend!

bornagainjeeper
09-12-2011, 04:45 PM
actually lisa, tim has something drawn up that looks lovely! thanks though...pssst i miss your face

bornagainjeeper
09-12-2011, 05:35 PM
I just saw this - do you still need a logo? I can try to work on something this weekend! are you still maybe able to come?

olgoat52
09-12-2011, 06:33 PM
actually lisa, tim has something drawn up that looks lovely! thanks though...pssst i miss your face

Are you thinking about a shirt or something?

Penguinofsorts
09-13-2011, 01:39 AM
I'm pushing for hoodie :-)

hoosierhiver
09-13-2011, 03:24 AM
I'm pushing for hoodie :-)

or fez....

olgoat52
09-13-2011, 06:33 AM
or fez....

oooooowwww....

Oh wait. Coveralls!

bornagainjeeper
09-13-2011, 07:49 AM
haha all of those things are lovely Ideas...I think as far as OFFICIAL gear this year, we are only able to do stickers...tim (ukeeku) is doing a design and making them...I can however, see if we can get the logo put up on one of those sites where you can all order your swag at will. T shirts didn't go so well last year and there were alot left over and such, and tim sacrificed alot to get those great shirts made. This year we decided to keep it simple, but a shirt would be nice, so i'll talk to him about maybe getting it uploaded onto a site that you can order from...Unless someone wants to take the cost burden on with tims logo (i havn't seen it yet, but its likely a boot print with a ukulele in the treads, sounds pretty sweet eh?) I'd do it m'self, but i barely make bills as a poor college student.

lisaxy424
09-13-2011, 08:59 AM
are you still maybe able to come?
Unfortunately, I can't get out of my school thing that Saturday night...so I have to miss yet ANOTHER ukestraveganza! One day, my dear Jeeper, one day... :)

ukeeku
09-15-2011, 10:24 AM

just a rough idea. Be honest. Been done? Ugly? Rocks...But...

seeso
09-15-2011, 10:26 AM

Really cool! But the name of the event should be in there somewherez.

ukeeku
09-15-2011, 12:16 PM
It will be, It is just a start. I have another idea too. Signs.
I want to also make the print look muddy, if that make sense.

olgoat52
09-15-2011, 12:26 PM

Can't say I have ever seen it done. I think it looks cool. Vibram used to have their name in raised letters in the sole in the white area between the heel and the rest of the print.http://www.vibram.us/products/popup.asp?Product=1286&style=Field Maybe a good spot for a small inside joke.

bornagainjeeper
09-15-2011, 03:35 PM
man tim, i reallllly like how that came out...maybe name and dates around the edge of the track? again super "impressed" by your boot print idea....thats why i defer to talented people for stuff like this

ADD
09-15-2011, 06:38 PM

I love it, Tim. Name on it and a little mud, a few blades of grass would make it perfect. I'd put that on a shirt, hoodie jacket, on the back pocket of my jeans. If we could get it on a patch that we could sew on our clothes, I'd buy several. Embroidered patch would be so cool.

olgoat52
09-15-2011, 06:47 PM
man tim, i reallllly like how that came out...maybe name and dates around the edge of the track? again super "impressed" by your boot print idea....thats why i defer to talented people for stuff like this
How's bout a cotton mouth with Uk'in in the Woods and "don't tread on me!" http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B0026BVLDG/ref=dp_otherviews_0?ie=UTF8&s=garden&img=0

(Just kidding... seriously! just kidding)

olgoat52
09-15-2011, 06:48 PM

Maybe "Eat the Woods!"

coolkayaker1
09-23-2011, 06:53 AM
That logo is killer, ukeeku.

Just might want to stick a tuner off the toe and an amplifier cord off the heel and you'd really nail it.

;-) Just joshin'

bornagainjeeper
09-27-2011, 09:40 AM
few pieces of business....first, i started a facebook event...sooooooooooooooooo if don't have you as a friend on facebook....add me "alex holmes from makanda il" its a cartoon picture of me for my icon.... and i'll get you invited so we can have a more reliable rsvp....

also, we need to get serious about picking a song this year....a few pages back we started talking about it but never made any real progress... i'm looking for something nature/adventure/country ect.... and we'll do a video of it on our hike (most likely) it should be easy....preferably 3 or 4 chords (and simple major or minor chords a c d f g am dm if its in some wacky key like Eb or something we can likely transpose it into a key that works) so lets get some suggestions up, so we can do some sort of vote or nomination process and then get music out (and i'll do a tutorial for play along practice)

so far the suggestions are:
country roads again and making it a recurring theme
going up the country

earljam
09-27-2011, 10:04 AM
few pieces of business....first, i started a facebook event...sooooooooooooooooo if don't have you as a friend on facebook....add me "alex holmes from makanda il" its a cartoon picture of me for my icon.... and i'll get you invited so we can have a more reliable rsvp....

also, we need to get serious about picking a song this year....a few pages back we started talking about it but never made any real progress... i'm looking for something nature/adventure/country ect.... and we'll do a video of it on our hike (most likely) it should be easy....preferably 3 or 4 chords (and simple major or minor chords a c d f g am dm if its in some wacky key like Eb or something we can likely transpose it into a key that works) so lets get some suggestions up, so we can do some sort of vote or nomination process and then get music out (and i'll do a tutorial for play along practice)

going up the country

If your going to do a "road" song make it New Cut Road......

olgoat52
09-27-2011, 04:42 PM
Wagon Wheel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gX1EP6mG-E&ob=av2e

You Ain't Goin Nowhere http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0vKc3jIjDo

Peaceful Easy Feelin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44A9iDQNrss

Bye Bye Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY_a-xaHJtk&feature=related

You've Lost that Lovin Feeling http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVCy5zRqas8

going up the country

bornagainjeeper
09-27-2011, 05:42 PM
ok so ....so far based on easy of play, and sing along capability (how well its known and simple lyrics) we've got

country roads
going up the country
wagon wheel
you ain't going no where
peaceful easy feeling

thanks for great suggestions earl and timmers

olgoat52
09-27-2011, 06:56 PM
ok so ....so far based on easy of play, and sing along capability (how well its known and simple lyrics) we've got

country roads
going up the country
wagon wheel
you ain't going no where
peaceful easy feeling

thanks for great suggestions earl and timmers

Yeah probably best to skip "You've Lost that Lovin Feeling". If it went down like it did at the Silver Spur in Milwaukee you would not have wildlife return for many months. AWESOME!!!!

seeso
09-28-2011, 03:27 AM
Wagon Wheel http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1gX1EP6mG-E&ob=av2e

You Ain't Goin Nowhere http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0vKc3jIjDo

Peaceful Easy Feelin http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44A9iDQNrss

Bye Bye Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY_a-xaHJtk&feature=related

You've Lost that Lovin Feeling http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVCy5zRqas8

Those are all great suggestions.

olgoat52
09-28-2011, 07:40 PM
I feel like I've been nominated for an Emmy or somethin'.

ADD
09-28-2011, 08:53 PM
"You Ain't Going Nowhere". The original Dylan verses are more interesting than the later verses done by the Byrds, Joan Baez and various others. But it's a great song, 3 easy chords: G Am C. Check it out.

Two Donovan songs work in the setting: "Colours" and "Catch the Wind".

How about "I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing"? The real words not the Coke commercial.

earljam
09-28-2011, 11:21 PM
"You Ain't Going Nowhere". The original Dylan verses are more interesting than the later verses done by the Byrds, Joan Baez and various others. But it's a great song, 3 easy chords: G Am C. Check it out.

Two Donovan songs work in the setting: "Colours" and "Catch the Wind".

How about "I'd Like to Teach the World to Sing"? The real words not the Coke commercial.

Couple more Donovan possibilities: Barabajagl and Juanita

ukeeku
09-29-2011, 04:42 AM
I will have huge vinyl UV coated stickers also. $1 each. I will 100. I make no money on this stuff, FYI

ukeeku
09-29-2011, 09:04 AM
GRRRRR. I am having a day with the shirt stuff. If you ordered a shirt, cancel it. the dates are wrong. I am very sorry. I fail at life some days.
If you ordered a shirt, cancel it.
here is the fixed one
http://www.customink.com/designs/uitwfixed/xec0-000k-wjvx/share/?pc=EMAIL-40778&cm_mmc=share-_-emailb-_-button-_-end

ADD
09-29-2011, 05:02 PM
GRRRRR. I am having a day with the shirt stuff. If you ordered a shirt, cancel it. the dates are wrong. I am very sorry. I fail at life some days.
If you ordered a shirt, cancel it.
here is the fixed one
http://www.customink.com/designs/uitwfixed/xec0-000k-wjvx/share/?pc=EMAIL-40778&cm_mmc=share-_-emailb-_-button-_-end

That's OK, Tim. You caught the mistake. I just ordered one for my friend and myself. Guaranteed delivery by 13th, so should be wearing it. Thanks for a great design.

bornagainjeeper
10-03-2011, 12:55 PM
i want to add tall buildings by john hartford to the list of song ideas...we'll pick something tomorrow so keep on suggesting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSWLm2wRHSA

bornagainjeeper
10-03-2011, 12:59 PM
also this one...This relates to where i've decided to do the hike http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_13vqD5or0

hoosierhiver
10-04-2011, 04:53 AM
I'm still hoping to make it, but life is trying to intervene.

olgoat52
10-04-2011, 10:08 AM
A bit of back and forth with Alex. This looks like a route for us northern folk headed down 57 to the event. http://mapq.st/qEKlP0

Alex says he will have some signs up in the park to direct further.

olgoat52
10-04-2011, 10:19 AM
I'm still hoping to make it, but life is trying to intervene.
Fingers crossed. Gonna be a long time till June!

olgoat52
10-04-2011, 10:20 AM
also this one...This relates to where i've decided to do the hike http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L_13vqD5or0

You packin a white wig too?

olgoat52
10-04-2011, 10:26 AM
i want to add tall buildings by john hartford to the list of song ideas...we'll pick something tomorrow so keep on suggesting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSWLm2wRHSA

You kidding??? LOL!. What happened to the criteria

" it should be easy....preferably 3 or 4 chords (and simple major or minor chords a c d f g am dm if its in some wacky key like Eb or something we can likely transpose it into a key that works)"

You crack me up.

earljam
10-04-2011, 10:48 AM
Lets not get too deep into the singer/songwhiner stuff.....

bornagainjeeper
10-04-2011, 11:09 AM
You kidding??? LOL!. What happened to the criteria

" it should be easy....preferably 3 or 4 chords (and simple major or minor chords a c d f g am dm if its in some wacky key like Eb or something we can likely transpose it into a key that works)"

You crack me up. haha cut me some slack tim! its pretty easy really http://www.guitaretab.com/j/john-hartford/216458.html skipping the key change and staying in C of course... all easy chords no finger picking required

bornagainjeeper
10-04-2011, 11:33 AM
ALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL RIGHT so i'm gunna go ahead and call this one on executive decision the song for this year will be ::drum rolllllllll::

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=audxGqo5AkQ
http://tabs.ultimate-guitar.com/c/canned_heat/going_up_the_country_ver2_crd.htm (dont' worry about printing this out just yet)

I'll make a tutorial video here in the next few days....along with a chords sheet...but its 3 chords and simple... We'll likely do it in D, so the chords are D A G.... C seems a little low to sing (for me anyway) but i'll fiddle around with it and take suggestions...We may also drop the bridge...i'll see what works...(also open to suggestions) it seems like that party might be a tad confusing as a group. So we'll likely sing verse 1, 2, 3 back to 2 seems logical....We're not trying to make a masterpiece here...just sorta a "We were here" kinda video as a group...a moving group photo if you will...Thanks to Hooosierhiver for this suggestion

Thanks for all the wonderful suggestions all of them would be great, and i hope to hear them (this certainly isn't the only opportunity to play, and record videos ect.) This one really sums up the weekend i think, and my goals for you'unz...getting some of you out of the commotion of the cities and out in the woods relllaxing..

I very much look forward to seeing you all. I've decided on a hike a beautiful place called heron pond...i worried a little that it was a tad to far, ) about 40 minutes from the site) but with carpooling and such (of course i'll drive and can take 2 or 3) It is a very easy hike, nearly completely flat through one of the most unique ecosystems in illinois, the furthest north extent of the Louisiana Cypress Tupelo swamp, looks very much like New Orleans. Youll have the opportunity to see one of the largest trees in the state, a cherry bark Oak. There is also a visitors center we can visit we a short film (this would be a good picnic lunch spot) In the film there is a song performed by my friend Curt Carter, who you may have noticed i posted earlier. The exact mechanics of the day are up in the air, (and will be until the day of based on interest and such). But in general It will go something like this

8am- Breakfast from Ukeeku
10am- Leave for Hike
10:45- Arrive at Heron Pond Wetland
1pm- Break for lunch- Visit Barkhausen Wetland Center And those wishing to do VERY brief hike (.25 miles) to see largest tupelo tree in illinois can do so
2pm- Head back to Trail of Tears and switch up cars to go to a few nearby wineries (north on 127) or stay behind and enjoy Trail of Tears (or ask for other hikes from me)
5:30pm -Return, wine in hand, for dinner and jamming 'round the fire

I will have a map to the hike and back for all, as well as wine trail maps... We don't have to stick together for the wine, as some people may wish to go it alone or abstain from drinking, but i will let you know which couple 3 wineries i'll likely be visiting and you are welcome and encouraged to follow me. For the hike, we will do our best to stay together, we'll have to pass through some lights and traffic, so we'll stop a few times, and make sure everyone is together (and you'll have a map), we don't want to loose anyone.

bornagainjeeper
10-04-2011, 11:52 AM
Here i will include the "last leg" for several routes....

For those coming from St Louis, Springfield, Bloomington, Peoria Ect (Down I55 area) This is the best route From 64 You will take the Nashville IL Exit SOUTH
http://mapq.st/pjy43h

Those Coming from Chicago Land, Indiana, ohio (Down I 57) You will go PAST the marion exit, as your GPS might want you to take and do this
http://www.mapquest.com/?version=1.0&hk=1-eA2p6hw3 note: Anna IL get a tad confusing sometimes, but at the stop sign near the tracks you will follow to signs for 146 and make a Left across the tracks. Then travel through Jonesboro (a twin city basically) going straight through the roundabout

Those coming from South St Louis or MO may wish to take route 3...its prettier and i think just as fast (maybe faster)...stop in Chester and hang out with popeye... http://mapq.st/nKfnTp keep in mind you would be coming in the WEST side of the park, so you will take a RIGHT on Firetower road at the big white visitors center barn

those coming from KY use the IL 146 route here
http://mapq.st/r3k20H

Southern MO, via Cape Girardeau http://mapq.st/ocXsiZ
Anyone else who is confused about the best route, contact me on the post here, by PM, or one facebook (Alex Holmes from makanda Il, picture of a cartoon me in a bathtub with a uke)

olgoat52
10-05-2011, 04:28 AM
Thanks for all the planning Alex. Much appreciated. Looks like a great area for hiking. Wineries or Hiking.. Tough call. :)

bornagainjeeper
10-05-2011, 09:10 AM
Thanks for all the planning Alex. Much appreciated. Looks like a great area for hiking. Wineries or Hiking.. Tough call. :) ahah you can do both! mmmmmmmmm wine

ukeeku
10-05-2011, 09:27 AM
ahah you can do both! mmmmmmmmm wine
Remeber ol=OLD
cut the old fart some slack. he live near Chicago, he is not use to being able to breath!!
Can't wait to see everyone

olgoat52
10-05-2011, 10:20 AM
Remeber ol=OLD
cut the old fart some slack. he live near Chicago, he is not use to being able to breath!!
Can't wait to see everyone

Bet I can still beat your young ass up to the top of Sahale glacier with a full pack!! :D

olgoat52
10-05-2011, 10:21 AM
ahah you can do both! mmmmmmmmm wine

I think we used to call that "stumblin' in the wilderness"! What was that I just stepped on.. Oh Sh*t!

Ukulelerob
10-06-2011, 12:15 PM
Here's the one I got. It can easily be transposed up one step.

Going Up The Country Canned Heat
Hear this song at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPDKmPjIDQo (original key Bb)

I'm [C] going up the country baby don't you wanna go
I'm going [F7] up the country baby don't you wanna [C] go
I'm going [G7] to some place where I've never been be[C]fore

I'm [C] going I'm going where the water tastes like wine
I'm [F7] going where the water tastes like [C] wine
We can [G7] jump in the water stay drunk all the [C] time

I'm gonna [C] leave this city got to get away
I'm gonna [F7] leave this city got to get a[C]way
All this [G7] fussing and fighting man you know I sure can't [C] stay

[C] Now baby pack your leaving trunk
You know we got to leave today
Just exactly where were going I cannot say but
[F7] We might even leave the US[C]A
'Cause it's a [G7] brand new game and I want to [C] play

No use of you [F7] running or screaming and [C] crying
'Cause you got a [G7] home man long as I've got [C] mine

ADD
10-06-2011, 07:55 PM
Here's the one I got. It can easily be transposed up one step.

Going Up The Country Canned Heat
Hear this song at: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPDKmPjIDQo (original key Bb)

I'm [C] going I'm going where the water tastes like wine
I'm [F7] going where the water tastes like [C] wine
We can [G7] jump in the water stay drunk all the [C] time

I'm gonna [C] leave this city got to get away
I'm gonna [F7] leave this city got to get a[C]way
All this [G7] fussing and fighting man you know I sure can't [C] stay

[C] Now baby pack your leaving trunk
You know we got to leave today
Just exactly where we’re going I cannot say but
[F7] We might even leave the US[C]A
'Cause it's a [G7] brand new game and I want to [C] play

Hi, Rob. Unfortunately that youtube link is to a video that has been removed. Thanks for the words/chords. Really easy switch to key of D. Original key of Bb isn't that difficult, but certainly not as easy as C or D. Look forward to seeing you again next weekend.

bornagainjeeper
10-06-2011, 09:03 PM
whichever key we do it in...(and i'll make a tutorial as well as have chords for you all) we'll skip out on F7...doesn't lose anything if you play F instead... we'll likely do it in C or D (probably D) DAG are fairly easy chords i think

ukeeku
10-10-2011, 03:00 AM
Less than a weekk!!! Wooooot!!!

dktoller
10-10-2011, 03:33 AM
Getting excited now. Does the site have electricity Jeepers?
Trying to decide whether to bring a coffee pot or a french press.

bornagainjeeper
10-10-2011, 09:17 AM
i can't remember for certain....I would go with the press... i didn't notice any when i went a few months ago, there is water, but i didn't notice any outlets

olgoat52
10-10-2011, 09:19 AM
French Press. How elegant! I thought you were kidding for sec. :)

dktoller
10-10-2011, 11:19 AM
French Press. How elegant! I thought you were kidding for sec. :)

Nope. Not that I'm picky, but gotta have the coffee one way or the other.

cheekmeat
10-11-2011, 06:23 PM
OK. I've been out of commish for a while with the busy-ness and unpleasantness, but I reckon I am still in (and ready for some Dodge-Getting-Out-Of). I am not on the Facebook, so I can't communicate thataway. With the change in venue, can I still get picked up in Carbondale? Or does some of the Chi-town contingent have some space?

Hopefully Yers,
-Troy

bornagainjeeper
10-12-2011, 11:40 AM
a ride shoudln't be too much of an issue one way or another....I just posted on the facebook event so hopefully someone will be able to get in touch with you....there aren't a huge number of chicago folks coming but maybe something can work out. As far as the train situation...i'll pick ya up if i need to, but i bet someone else can volunteer since it would be pretty outta the way for me(but would happily help ya out)

dktoller
10-12-2011, 12:57 PM
Troy, do you know when you would arrive in Carbondale? I will probably be coming through early Friday afternoon (~12-2pm). If you can give us an idea, I'm sure we can get you down there somehow!

bornagainjeeper
10-12-2011, 01:50 PM
Thanks for steppin up derek... I just talked to a buddy of mine who is coming out with us this year....He is working until around 4pm but then was gunna head out from carbondale and he would be happy to give a lift from the trainstation around 4-6pm if you are in on a later train than DK would be able to get you from.... There is alot of resturant and bar, bike shops, bubble tea, ect around the station area...if you're interested in a later ride like that i'll get you his number in a PM

lisaxy424
10-12-2011, 04:38 PM
I'MSOMADI'MMISSINGTHISSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

::sigh:: Someone please have a s'more in my honor.

olgoat52
10-12-2011, 05:06 PM
i'msomadi'mmissingthisssssssssss!!!!!!

::sigh:: Someone please have a s'more in my honor.
you damn well ought a be!!!!!!!

Ukulelerob
10-13-2011, 02:41 AM
My sis and I are heading south in an hour or so.
They had a cougar attack north of where we are going last week I think, in Illinois east of St Louis. Has anyone seen Sally lately?

I want to spend as much time as possible with the group, but I chickened out a got a motel to sleep in for three nights.

cheekmeat
10-13-2011, 03:48 AM
Thank-you so much guys, but my life has intervened yet again to prevent my presence. I missed Milwaukee Uke Fest and now Ukin' in the Woods 2011 because of last minute nonsense in my life.

Guess I'll have to change my life.

Really, y'all jumped right in to help and I appreciate it.

Hope to see you all soon.

Yer Luvin',
-Troy

Penguinofsorts
10-13-2011, 06:13 AM
Hmm....what to pack...what to pack....beer, bugspray, pants, my uke....

bornagainjeeper
10-13-2011, 08:41 AM
beer and uke...that is all.

olgoat52
10-13-2011, 09:46 AM
beer and uke...that is all.

I'm like'in the pants idea for some of the attendees. not all.

ukeeku
10-13-2011, 10:34 AM
I will leave Normal around 10 am and hope to be there by 3?
Breakfast burittos for Saturday morning are still a go, I will bring other stuff to eat.
Circus tent is also a go. Now I just need to figure out what NOT to bring. I tend to over pack.

olgoat52
10-13-2011, 10:57 AM
I will leave Normal around 10 am and hope to be there by 3?
Breakfast burittos for Saturday morning are still a go, I will bring other stuff to eat.
Circus tent is also a go. Now I just need to figure out what NOT to bring. I tend to over pack.

I thought you was doin' pancakes. I loves breakfast burittos.

olgoat52
10-13-2011, 11:57 AM
SHould be on the road at Noon. Looks like 6 hours down there. Have not had enough time to practice.. Again! :(

Ukulelerob
10-13-2011, 02:47 PM
Lynn and I are in Carbondale right now. Alex where are you?
We took a drive to Makanda late this afternoon. We were heading into town and I dropped the map on the floor, bent over to pick it up, when I sat up we were already out of town and heading into Giant State Park...

Penguinofsorts
10-15-2011, 03:39 AM
About 16 folks (and 40 or so ukes) showed up yesterday. We're having a great time, although Alex forgot to get wi-fi installed at the campsite! I don't know how people manage to stay up past midnight....I turn into a pumpkin at 12:01 :-). As far as I could tell, people were jamming well into the wee hours!

Ukulelerob
10-15-2011, 11:38 AM
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=28951&d=1318714481

Lots of love at UITW.

Ukulelerob
10-15-2011, 12:01 PM
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=28952&d=1318715946

UITW 2011 Group shot.

Ukulelerob
10-15-2011, 12:07 PM
http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=28954&d=1318716333

One more for good measure.

chicago911
10-16-2011, 03:02 AM
Wish I could have made it there. Looks like a lot of fun.

bornagainjeeper
10-16-2011, 07:59 AM
Let me extent my biggest thanks for all of you who took time outta your life, and put miles on your cars to join me in my neck of the woods for this silly little event. I truly hope everyone have a relaxing, restful, and warm time with us. I also want to give a huge thanks to tim^2, thom, bonita, and all those who provided food and supplies for their fellow ukers this weekend. Also a huge thanks for Tim Ukeeku, for his constant support of UITW with his T Shirts and stickers! I love having you all down here to hang out and share in a little slice of the wilds, and getting you out of that smoke and noise for a little while and truly recreate yourselves. Can't thank everyone enough....
Alex

ukeeku
10-16-2011, 11:30 AM
Home safe, and showered (My wife said it smelled like a good idea) thank you to all that came to Ukin in the woods. It is stuff like that that charges my batteries so I can deal with real life.

olgoat52
10-16-2011, 03:22 PM
Hope we didn't leave you too big a mess to cleanup at the site, Alex. Thanks again. "Squeeezo" got home safe and sound. No uke playin' on the return trip.. Go figure?

olgoat52
10-16-2011, 03:23 PM
Home safe, and showered (My wife said it smelled like a good idea) thank you to all that came to Ukin in the woods. It is stuff like that that charges my batteries so I can deal with real life.

Thanks for the stickers and breakfast Tim. Great to see you as always.

chamblin
10-17-2011, 04:42 AM
I had a killer time Friday night. Thanks for putting this together, Alex

dktoller
10-17-2011, 04:56 AM
What a great weekend! Had a smile on my face the whole way home. Big thanks to our host Jeepers, and to the Tims for the most excellent meals.

bornagainjeeper
10-17-2011, 07:29 AM
I don't like to double post, but this will also be in videos and links

Wonderful playin and singing kiddos!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRReLcGM6hE

olgoat52
10-17-2011, 01:24 PM
http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz51/olgoat52/UITW-2012/IMG_2147.jpg

http://i813.photobucket.com/albums/zz51/olgoat52/UITW-2012/IMG_2151.jpg

Slideshow link. (just a couple of pics.
http://s813.photobucket.com/albums/zz51/olgoat52/UITW-2012/?albumview=slideshow

ADD
10-17-2011, 06:22 PM
A week-end to remember. Special in too many ways to enumerate. Thanks to all - every single one of you.