30s Slingerland banjo tenor converted to uke.

Markr1

Reaction score
I just bought a banjo uke converted from a tenor banjo 30" long and I think 11" pot. I paid $126 with shipping. I took it to my luthier who took it completely down including the neck and put a maple shim in to make it right he placed the bridge in the right place and put small pencil markers on to show where the bridge will always go. He leveled and polished the frets and completely cleaned it up. The neck is in perfect alignment with the body he even took the tuners apart and cleaned them and they work well now. It is currently in nice playable condition. The luthier charged me 150 bucks for all that work and even tuned the skin. I had him put baritone strings on Martin which sound good. No case. I bought this on a whim and the banjo is just not for me. You know what I have in it so make me an offer an I'll consider all. And I know I'm going take a loss in this but that's just the way it goes. I'll provide free shipping to the lower 48 states. Post some replies if your interested and I'll post some pics tomorrow. Thanks Mark.

i would be interested in checking it out but don't want to make an offer until i do see it or hear a sound sample. sorry if thats asking for too much

I can email you lots of pics since the going over.you may have to help me with the sound sample I've never done that before. Thanks for the interest.

Paypal accepted or money order tho the latter would take longer.

I would like to see pictures, and hear a sound sample myself please.. rahuguley@comcast.net

Thanks..

Someone will have to tell me how to do a soundbite because I haven't a clue how to do it. As far as it existing I wouldn't be looking at it right now if it didn't exist. Just saying...

Someone will have to tell me how to do a soundbite because I haven't a clue how to do it. As far as it existing I wouldn't be looking at it right now if it didn't exist. Just saying...

Well, if you want the absolute easiest option, join Audioboo, which has a built-in recorder (you will need a microphone on your computer, of course). It allows you to record and share all in one handy-dandy package. You might also consider downloading Audacity, which will allow you to record yourself playing and then edit the recording. You can then save the recording as a .WAV file (or convert it to an MP3 if you have an MP3 converter) and upload it to one of various file-sharing sites (Audioboo is one of these, but there are many others).

Touché, good luck with the sale.

Last edited:
Thanks for the help. I'm not very computer literate so I don't know if I can do the sound files or not sounds a little complicated. I will probably add some pics after while but I think I'll probably just list it on ebay. Thanks again and sorry Strums for the wisecrack comment i do feel bad about it. Sometimes say things and then regret it later.

I've got your email moustache I'll send some pics I just took and work on the audio file or video.

I tried to do audioboo I think it was and I guess my laptop doesn't have a mic I couldn't get any sound. It recorded just no sound. I don't have a mic that will plug into my laptop.

I hope you can post some pictures so that we can all enjoy them :)

I'll see what I can do snorky
100_2435.jpg
100_2434.jpg
100_2430.jpg

Last edited:
6 hooks and lugs and boots and screws missing but I have them on order from canada and should be here soon.
100_2429.jpg
100_2428.jpg
100_2427.jpg

Top Bottom