PDA

View Full Version : Pinky mutes and chord changes drive me crazy....

Blisters_left
07-15-2011, 11:47 PM
Hey UUers,

I'm trying to learn the lazy song by bruno mars.
And I'd like to play it with pinky mutes BUT:
I can play the chords perfectly without pinky mutes
I can play each chord perfectly with pinky mutes

But although I tried for more than two weeks now, I cannot change the chords and leave my pinky on the strings....

are there any tricks or tips how to learn this ???

Aldrine explains the mute itself on his uke minutes but how to change - or do I release the pinky while changing ? this sounds a bit odd too (not that I hadn't tried...)

Thanks a lot...

poptart
07-16-2011, 01:55 AM
I guess you could try to release your pinky when switching chords. The chords that I use for the Lazy Song are B F# and E. These are all chords that cover all strings. The technique that I use is where I just lightly put pressure on the strings so it makes a muted sound when I want to. So when you are playing the song you are pressing down firmly on the chord on beats 2 and 4 and you are lightly putting your fingers in a chord shape on top of the strings to mute them on beats 1 and 3. The strumming is just up down up down. I am sorry but its hard to explain but if you have any questions just ask. I think that this technique is easier. I hope that this wasn't just a repeat of what you have gotten. Hope this helps you.