Uke fever!

vetcvm

Reaction score
A little bit more than a month ago i bought my first Uke, it was a soprano with no brand name at about 18$ and it sounded exactly like that, so after a few weeks i decided to order my first "real" uke and ended up buying a Kala KA-C concert, i have to say i am very happy with this Ukulele but again i have nothing to compare to.

so now after only 2 weeks with my new Uke, i am already starting to think about buying another one, this time i want to increase my budget a bit in order to get a slightly better uke and it's going to be a Tenor.

i was thinking about buying a tenor setup with low-G but i'm not sure it's going to be the right decision. sometimes i feel i am lacking of "Bass" sounds when i play chords/songs and i'm thinking the low-G tenor might give me that sound i'm looking for.

now brand wise, any recommendations that might be better for the low-G with a budget of 250-300$? for this price range from what i saw on ebay my option are: Ohana, Leolenai, Lanikai, Kala, Luna and Oscar Shmidth.

Thanks

David

Last edited:
A little bit more than a month ago i bought my first Uke, it was a soprano with no brand name at about 18$ and it sounded exactly like that, so after a few weeks i decided to order my first "real" uke and ended up buying a Kala KA-C concert, i have to say i am very happy with this Ukulele but again i have nothing to compare to.

so now after only 2 weeks with my new Uke, i am already starting to think about buying another one, this time i want to increase my budget a bit in order to get a slightly better uke and it's going to be a Tenor.

i was thinking about buying a tenor setup with low-G but i'm not sure it's going to be the right decision. sometimes i feel i am lacking of "Bass" sounds when i play chords/songs and i'm thinking the low-G tenor might give me that sound i'm looking for.

now brand wise, any recommendations that might be better for the low-G with a budget of 250-300$? for this price range from what i saw on ebay my option are: Ohana, Leolenai, Lanikai, Kala, Luna and Oscar Shmidth.

Thanks

David

Check out the Ohana TK-35G-5, the new five-string that has both high-g and low-g on it. This uke has a nice fat sound to it that will give you both tones blended perfectly.

I have a kala tenor lacewood havnt tried the low g on it yet but it sounds beautiful anyway.

You might also think about Mainland, aNuiNui, Riptide, Makai, Pono satin mahogany without a hard case too.

Thanks

David

That's why so many of us have more than one tenor! Check out the Kala solid mahogany at $299. I recently got a Pono MCD-E gloss with Ko-olau case for $285...used but like new and have seen several similar Pono tenors go from this price to $325 between our Marketplace, ebay, and FMM

Last edited:
Aloha David,
Not sure if you can get the Leolani I have..bought it three years ago...looks not much, but rich sound is there..boomin"

Maybe Mainland or Ohana...

the Ohana 5-strings looks really interesting!
i red some reviews about it and heard some samples, it might be the done :)
if i find a good deal on a Pono i might go for it tough

Top Bottom