39.8 KB · Views: 55
  • koaloha 008.jpg
    koaloha 008.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 67
You got a gig bag from Hawaii?

I can't stand suspense.

What's in the case?

You got a gig bag from Hawaii?
yep, and sounds like something is in there!koaloha 014.jpgkoaloha 010.jpgkoaloha 009.jpg

Many mahalos to Shawn [ukulelefriend], and the kind folks at KoAloha Ukulele, who repaired the crack gratis even though I was not the original purchaser, that's the way to build customer loyalty. they did such a fine job, my wife could not find the crack, and the only reason I could was I knew where it WAS.
a happy day

PS: wanted to see what it sounds like in high g , the low g seems to be so resonant as to be unbalanced. I suppose you have to feed it in from the top and snag it and tie a knot or put on a bead?

Last edited:
Glad it came back fixed for you, it looks great. One more point for customer service for the Okami KoAloha family. I adore Kamaka, but they are charging me $50 to repair the seam in my uke. Just goes to show that once again the KoAloha folks go the extra mile for their customers. :)

Great customer service & great uke! Never seen a "pin-bridge" KoAloha before. What year was this one made?

Wow, one more reason I hear so many people praise KoAloha

Great customer service & great uke! Never seen a "pin-bridge" KoAloha before. What year was this one made?

2003, , don't think it's a pin bridge, the string goes through a hole into body with no pin. maybe it was a prototype. or somebody modified it. I like it , changed from G to g and once I figured it out, it was a breeze. very clean and the abalone on bridge matches the fretboard dots. I thought a pin bridge is what's on my gibson bari, you stick a pin" in the top?koaloha 012.jpg

Last edited:
Yay! Glad it arrived back all repaired! And free too! That's the way to build loyal customers :D Happy Repaired Uke Day! :D

This is beyond customer service- strumsilly's technically not even a customer! A company that will do something like this to support its product and ensure quality, in this day and age, is mind-blowing. I own two Koalohas and if I ever decide to buy Hawaiian again, down the line, it'll definitely be another Koaloha.

Aloha Strumsilly,
Congratualtons..it looks awesome..soo coool to hear Koaloha honored their warranty even though you were not the original purchaser.....happy strummings..Strumsilly.. MM Stan

thanks, it's a beautiful instrument that I'm really not worthy of, a professonal instrument for an admitted hack.

Last edited:
thanks, it's a beautiful instrument that I'm really not worthy of, a professonal instrument for an admitted hack.

us hacks need a nice instrument evry now and then mate! Nothing wrong with treating yourself occasionally. It's incredibly beautiful strumsilly. Congratulations. And how awesome of the KoAloha gang...makes it even more special

Awesome uke, and KoAloha really is amazing to deal with! Looks a lot like mine, except how the heck does that bridge work? :O Mine has pins, but the same basic shape.

IMG_1345.jpg

Enjoy that beautiful uke.

Awesome uke, and KoAloha really is amazing to deal with! Looks a lot like mine, except how the heck does that bridge work? :O Mine has pins, but the same basic shape.
you just push the string in from the top and snag it through the soundhole and tie a knot. very simple and clean.

Attachments

• koaloha 012.jpg
    koaloha 012.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 5
Top Bottom