Ukulele Boot Camp practice sheet #1 questions

kgreen6901

Reaction score
Hi,

I downloaded the boot camp pdf to learn the basic chords. I need a little help decyphering sheet #1.

1. The sheet starts with the c chord. On the rows below it the C is still represented but the fingering diagram is removed. Does that mean to play the chord as you progress through? Or does that mean to skip the c on the second row and progress to Cdim?
  2. How exactly are you supposed to accomplish Cdim by the way? I looked at some diagrams. But I can't figure out how to make my fingers do that. Help?
  3. Same problem FM6
  4. E7 is confusing for me too. Two fingers on the 2nd fret of the 2nd and 4th strings. Which fingers am I supposed to use?

Thanks for the help!

Cheers,

Ken Green

1. You still play the chord in that progression, the diagram is just not shown, probably to avoid clutter on the page.

2. Cdim Cdim.jpg
Finger order 1324

3. Fm6 Fm6.jpg
Finger order 1324

4. E7 E7.jpg
Finger order 1203

That's how I do them anyway, hope this helps.

-Scott

Hi, Ken,

1 - Yes, play the C chord again. The diagrams are only shown the first time the chord is introduced on that practice sheet.

2 - Cdim 2323
index-ring-middle-pinky

3 - FM6 1213
index-ring-middle-pinky

4 - E7 1202
index-middle-(open string)-ring

At least that's how I'd do it starting out. It is possible to play these as moveable barre chords, which would change the fingering.

Edit: Didn't see that Scott had replied in the time it took me to find my copy of Boot Camp, grab an uke and write my reply. At least we agree on everything. :)

Last edited:
I think he removes the diagrams to encourage you to remember the shapes a bit. Seems he does that progressively through out the exercise.

I have given the link to the Boot Camp
to several beginners I know,and they
find it very helpful indeed.The 'missing'
chords are still played,but not shown in
a 'chord window' to make you learn the
shape and not just read it from the sheet!

i have been learning to play the uke now for nearly 5 weeks and i have found the boot camp lessons very helpful, they have improved my fretting immensely, i practise them every day as a warm up to my session, i think olgoat has hit the nail on the head, the diagrams are removed to help you to remember where your fingers are meant to be, great learning tool

Top Bottom