Bought the boy his first Uke...

mendel

Reaction score
My son, one year old, as well as my wife and I are going to a concertt for a guy named Steve Songs next week. He plays kids tunes for PBS. He's mostly a guitar guy, but also plays a Flea once in a while. I figured- this is an opportunity to start a tradition. I will buy him a Uke for each stage of life. A Makala Dolphin (Red) for early childhood. We are going to have Steve Songs autograph it for him. Maybe Elementary School he gets another Uke, and so on.... It is also a great excuse to buy more instruments for him and I to jam out on. I just wanted to share the experience with you guys. Bye for now!!

That's great. You can never start too young, and you need a few extras for him to chose from.

Awesome mendel...a gift for a lifetime and something to bring you two closer together as he grows. Can't think of a better present.

Reminds me a bit of that ol Winston Churchill saying...

"You make a living by what you get, you make a life by what you give"

:)

Aloha Mendel,

Great to see you back..yes, I have friend who started his son very young...2-3 years old.. amazing...

Sounds great Mendel!

As you know, I brought my god daughter an Uke for last years birthday (she was 6), She loves it! Doesn't want to learn much on it yet, but that'll come, I'm looking at a White Dolphin for her, if I can find someway to get an Owl tattoo'd on it's back since she said she wants that too :D

I bought my daughter a Bushman Jenny soprano when she was about 4 years old. I didn't really let her play it, so it hung on the wall for a few years. Bought her a dolphin last year and let her play it whenever she wanted. She was learning quickly, so I gave her full access to the Bushman. Seems she is a bit of a music prodigy and I am now struggling to stay a few steps ahead of her in skill level. Her singing has left me in the dust already. Oh, she is 7 years old. (she prefers the KoAloha)

Anyway, dolphins are get for kids, but moving them to a "better" uke over time is not a bad idea.

Top Bottom