Pono O-Series and the Wonderwall Emporium

Reaction score
Yesterday I called the Wonderwall Emporium in Illinois and asked if they had any tenor Pono's. They said that they had one, it was a solid mahogany and part of the "O-Series". I did some research on the O-Series and found just about nothing until I got to this youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0Zsp392Nxg

If you look at the first comment for the video, it suggests that the O-Series is an old series as of 2010 (when the video was posted). I also found that the Wonderwall Emporium is not on Ko'olaou's dealer's list. That kind of concerns me. My theory is that the Wonderwall Emporium was a dealer, but isn't anymore so they still have an old tenor pono lying around that they haven't been able to sell. That's just a theory though.

Anyway, please let me know anything you know about the O-Series compared to Pono's modern series and your thoughts on the Wonderwall Emporium and if I should bother to buy the Pono. It's $430with a hard case. Any input is appreciated, thanks!

Wonderwall is a good place, and I have been there. The Pono I saw there was a tenor and very nice looking. They also deal in Kala. I think there may be other business names involved there. Good folks.

Compare with the Pono tenors on Hawaii Music Supply

Yeah the O series, so if you want a tenor, just search "Pono PTO". The O stands for mahOgany. What can I say, good uke. Wanna hear one in action?... watch this:

The newer line of mahogany Ponos, MT, or MTD, are a beautiful natural finish so it looks golden in certain lights. The MTs are lighter weight and much louder. That doesn't mean they have a better sounding tone. I'd hold-out for a MT or MTD... but if you look hard enough, you may find a PTO for much less than $430. Good luck. Try UkeRepublic.

Last edited:
Top Bottom