Started working on my Zelda ukulele

Sayyadina

Reaction score
It will be a soprano made from a kit. I'm planing on bating it in green (in fact I already did that... it's drying at the moment) and then painting some Legend of Zelda artwork on the front and headstock with acrylic paints.
I hope it will turn out as nicely as I want it to. I'll keep you guys posted on my progress and of corse include some pics as I go along :).

After looking through lots of pictures of zelda artwork I've decided on the ones I'm going to use on the uke. It will be the emblem from the Hylian shield as a kind of soundhole rosette with the triforce on the headstock and a little Link playing with his pig-friends also on the front.

Attachments

• __TWW-w.19.jpg
    __TWW-w.19.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 22
  • zelda_installed.jpg
    zelda_installed.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 16
zelda, nice nice. cant wait to see it ^^

Help me... what is the Legend of Zelda. I'm a boring old fart so have no idea about youth culture.

Hehe no worries Pete, knowing how to built beautiful ukes is far more important than knowing about Zelda. :)
The Legend of Zelda is a very popular videogame series that lets you play the young boy Link on his adventures. Basically you solve riddles and rescue the princess at the end. The musical score of these games is also very nice and very playable on uke.

Last edited:
I had to resort to drastic measures and make the uke black instead of green. In my noobishness I fucked up the bating and it looked aweful, so I chose black to cover it up.
Here's a picture of how the uke looks like now. I just finished scetching the Zelda stuff on the front. Tomorrow I'll start with the colors.

Attachments

• Foto 444.jpg
    Foto 444.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
This is gonna turn out sweet!

Is that a rough sketch of the design? I was just noticing that the design around the sound hole isn't symmetrical...

Its also TONS of fun

Here's a little update. The Hylian shield emblem colored in golden yellow. It's slighty asymetrical and nowhere near perfect but I think it looks ok. The yellow is also not really powerful enough to cover up the black primer so I have to paint several layers. To me as an amateur this is rather difficult :). But it's still fun.

Attachments

• Foto 449.jpg
    Foto 449.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 48
Top Bottom