Hawaii Ukulele Festival Watch it live strreaming video today!

MGM

Reaction score
The annual Hawaii Ukulele festival will be shown free streaming video today. Check it out and its all free....Jake Shimabukuro headlines but players form Korea Thailand Japan also are great to watch....Don't forget Hookena

http://www.ukulelefestivalhawaii.org/stream/

I think the videos already broadcasting now. I will be there with some out of town guest and have the last fewTangi Minature Koa ukes for sale and will be also giving one away free to a lucky deserving person.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTXylLoz2XY&feature=related

Last edited:
hi , hope you are doing good :)

cool, thanks for posting this , I'll be tuning in.

It hasn't even started and I want to be there, just watching the soundman test the mics!

One day... one day...

This is wonderful--to be able to watch live from Chicago via the internet! There is some real talent on stage.

Argh! I wish I lived in a closer timezone and didn't have to be up early in the AM, would TOTALLY stay tuned to this all night long...:( One day I'll make it to Hawai'i, same time I can buy one of the Tangi mini Ukes and the other million and one things I WANT!!

But yes, it is great the powers of the internet that allow us to see something happening half way across the world - for me at least!

Sometimes I wish that they would zoom in on the performers more; however, I am so happy to be able to enjoy the festival that it is a minor issue.

I've been watching all day! One of my ukulele instructors, Ka'ala Carmack, played with his band (the J-Town Hui) in the first hour, and the other acts have all been great. I loved watching the kids, Ohta San, everyone really. looking forward to Jake. Victoria Vox was on at 10:00 a.m. Hawaii time, (1:00 p.m. PDT, 4:00 p.m. EDT). The host has been giving occasional shout-outs to MGM and all the other vendors. The whole thing looks like great fun. I have to plan my 2012 vacation schedule around this event!

Okay, so I couldn't sleep...wow the boy with the one arm, Nick Acosta, is such an inspiration! He plays so well! And he's only 14!

And I remember watching Aiden on YouTube w/ his rendition of "Hey Soul Sister" wow, at 9 1/2 has some real talent!

Jake is tearing it up right now!

I'm wondering if any of this is archived (or if anybody downloaded it and can share the file...). I was lucky to be able to catch the keiki earlier, but was out for my uke lesson when Ohta-San played, darn it.

So glad I didn't miss that! Well, I missed some of it, darn time zones! But the part I watched, WOW, I need to get to Hawaii next year! It's a real need!!!

Wow mike thanks for the link, I turned it on to watch a little and I've been watching for about 5 hours lol . Just watched jake close the show with some young man that was amazing !!! What fun they had .

Hello everyone! I was at the festival yesterday and got to record a few videos. I have uploaded a few already on my youtube channel and will add more in the next few days. Please enjoy and ALOHA! It was a fantastic festival this year.
http://www.youtube.com/user/elrollo79

It was incredible!!!

'Ukulele Festival 2011 was awesome!!! Not a groupie, but I still got autographed CDs from Victoria Vox and Jake Shimabakuro. Victoria, Jake AND Bruce Shimabukuro, Ohta-san, they were all remarkable but Nick Acosta steals hearts. Just try to tell this amazing young man that anything is impossible. You EV-haters could learn from this guy! I certainly did.
(And as long as I still in denial about being a uke-groupie, I also met the Ukulele Overlord himself, UU's own Aldrine Guerrero! At the Kanilea booth. WooHoo!)

Mahalo nui loa Roy Sakura and crew for making this happen for the 41st time! Will post some pics when I get home.

Last edited:
Top Bottom