Myrtle and sinker old growth fir

bluesuke

Reaction score
I thought I would share pictures of my latest build. Its myrtle back and sides, blue sinker doug fir top with walnut binding. A mahogany neck,ebony finger board ,Rose wood bridge and crushed turquoise stone
rosette fret markers and end graft . Sorry about the photo quality I need a better camera

Attachments

• DSCF2695.jpg
    DSCF2695.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 122
  • DSCF2696.jpg
    DSCF2696.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 132
  • DSCF2694.jpg
    DSCF2694.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 107
  • DSCF2697.jpg
    DSCF2697.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 123
  • DSCF2692.jpg
    DSCF2692.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Aloha bluesuke,
Wow nice job, it looks awesome..Love the turquoise touch.... thank you for sharing..

Do you have a sound sample or give a brief update on the sound. Love it.

Very pretty. I like the turquoise rosette very much. I also like how you carried the wood grain stripe up into the headstock.
–Lori

Aloha bluesuke!
That is a beautiful 'ukulele! My wife loves the turquoise rosette and end graft. It really pops out from the rest of the wood. Great job!

Mason671

Beautiful!

Love the rosette!! How do you like the sound of the doug fir? I made an F5 mando with a doug fir top once and it came out sounding pretty sweet but had a lot of "bark" when you stepped on it

Love the rosette!! How do you like the sound of the doug fir? I made an F5 mando with a doug fir top once and it came out sounding pretty sweet but had a lot of "bark" when you stepped on it

I think it sounds somewhere between spruce and cedar. To my ear anyway

Top Bottom