Finally my E Chord

painterbob

Reaction score
I've been playing about a month now and today I finally got my E chord to ring on all 4 strings. Using the pinky barre. I was playing B-A-E-A over and over so I could practice switching in and out of the B barre chord and also practice my E chord. I've been using the pinky barre from the start but could never get the first string with my index finger to sound because my pinky kept muting it. But my pinky finally cooperated today. So then I was playing my fully ringing E chord for the next ten minutes in celebration. For anyone who is E chord challenged there is hope!

-Bob

Congratulations, that's a tough chord. I'm still struggling with the "pinky barre," though I've been trying to get it with my ring finger... maybe the pinky is the way to go?!

:)

grace and peace,
sam

Congratulations!!! There's a band from Portland that has a song that's all E. Yep, a one-chord song! Now you know it by heart!! The Thermals is the band, but I don't know the name of the song. Hmm...

congrats!
for me it wasn't a struggle as other chords were cause i'v been playing guitar for ages, but i can
imagine it was very frustrating. i also use the ring finger, a guitar habit :)

Hooray for you! It's a great feeling when the persistence finally pays off!

Congratulations!!! There's a band from Portland that has a song that's all E. Yep, a one-chord song! Now you know it by heart!! The Thermals is the band, but I don't know the name of the song. Hmm...

Lots of ole timey blues songs in one chord.....melody all over the place, but only one chord.

Top Bottom