WTB: Looking for High End Custom Ukuleles

Ukulele Friend

Reaction score
Aloha All,

I'm in the market for a few high end custom ukuleles, especially any of the following builders: Lymana, Kawika, Moore Bettah, Ko'olau, Koa Works, Scheurenbrand, William King, Glyph, G-String, Kamaka, Island Traditioins, Pegasus, KoAloha, Les Rietfors, and a few others as well. Please no production pieces. I'm just looking to buy the best of the best in high end customs. Mahalo. -Shawn

Hello Shawn! My name is Jay Lichty and I build custom ukuleles in North Carolina. Here is a link to my web site http://lichtyguitars.com/ If I can be of any assistance to you on your search please let me know. Mahalo, Jay

bump...
shawn

Aloha All,

I'm in the market for a few high end custom ukuleles, especially any of the following builders: Lymana, Kawika, Moore Bettah, Ko'olau, Koa Works, Scheurenbrand, William King, Glyph, G-String, Kamaka, Island Traditioins, Pegasus, KoAloha, Les Rietfors, and a few others as well. Please no production pieces. I'm just looking to buy the best of the best in high end customs. Mahalo. -Shawn

Hi Shawn, I have bought some ukes off you before. If you run across the G String tattoo series, let me know.

bump....still lookin' for the 'good stuff'. let me know if you've got something on the high end you're looking to let go. mahalo. -shawn

bump....just checking in to see if anyone has some high end ukes they are looking to let go...mahalo, -Shawn

bump....just checking in to see if anyone has some high end ukes they are looking to let go...mahalo, -Shawn

I have a Koa Kamaka Soprano white label (60-70s) with Aqulia strings and hardshell case
for sell . Very loud .....can send pics if interested?
billjones at monsterjones.com

thank you for the offer

thank you for the kind offer at your Kamaka uke. i am sure it's a beautiful piece and a great player too. unfortunately, i'm really looking for the full custom pieces rather than the production made ukes at this time.

mahalo,
shawn

I have a Koa Kamaka Soprano white label (60-70s) with Aqulia strings and hardshell case
for sell . Very loud .....can send pics if interested?
billjones at monsterjones.com

thank you for the kind offer at your Kamaka uke. i am sure it's a beautiful piece and a great player too. unfortunately, i'm really looking for the full custom pieces rather than the production made ukes at this time.

mahalo,
shawn

I don't envy your job shawn. Certainly aquiring especially noteworthy custom ukes has got to be tough! Folks that have them reluctant to part with them.

......and folks that want them always a bit too late!

I still drool over this one on your website, with the dreaded "on hold" sticker!

http://web.me.com/syacavone/Site/Glyph_Ukulele_(グリフ・ウクレレ・4).html#1

A W E S O M E!

Aloha JoeJeweler,

I like to think of it as 'adoption' so to speak. Each custom has a unique history, character, and voice of its own. Not to mention the incredible craftsmanship by some of the world's most foremost luthiers in ukuleles. I do consider myself a bit spoiled in this sense but it truly is an honor and a privilege to work with such genuine and wonderful people as those who are in the community. The craftsmanship displayed by today's luthiers is a marvel in of itself to behold and the passion by which each piece is 'brought to life' is as beautiful as the instruments themselves and as deep as the very musicians that play/record with them worldwide. I'm just one of the lucky guys who gets to see, touch, and learn about so many builds, the theories behind each style of build, and hear firsthand the full range of tones that are offered by such remarkable instruments.

Since majority of the luthiers I typically work with build anywhere from 12 ukuleles or less per year I'm always on the lookout for quality pieces on the second-hand (but well cared for) market. Not to mention I pay a premium for the right pieces too so it's a win-win-win for us all, even as a second hand piece.

Sorry about the 'on hold' stickers. This is simply my way of informing the public that a transaction is underway. No ill intention intended but people who are looking for the best in high end ukuleles and customs do pass through our web site frequently so when one pops up that they like it tends to disappear quickly.

thank you kindly for your input,
Shawn Y.

http://ukulelefriend.com

Top Bottom