"In The Beginning"

Aloha Eugene,
wow that is another awesome song.....is that the sycamore concert Mya Moe...it sounds fab mate..I had a chance the other day to play a mango tenor...is was really nice too...
Thanks for sharing..MM Stan

OK- now here we have a song I had no idea existed...and it is magic. Gonna play this bit with my bride- it is just that type of tune innit? Great stuff here Mister Eugene- great stuff. Thank you so much for recording it all.

thanks you guys. Here's the original by one of my very favorite songwriters...

Aloha Eugene,
so who is he....26 years old?? and where is he from??.....edit, just read the more and it was Chris..and I was right, it was the concert sycamore..cool mate..

Last edited:
Old Man Luedecke is great, I seen him play a house party a while back in St. John's Canada. Great time.

Canadian mate. Out of Nova Scotia. Brilliant. Met him when he came down 2 years ago over a couple of beers. He was totally spun out that someone in the little hotel he played at had actually heard of him, let alone requesting songs of his long lost first album. It was one of those cool nights you don't forget in a hurry. He had no idea he was one of my heroes...he he...but to sit down with him and chat about our different lives and music loves over a couple of quiet beers was truly sweet as. :)

I have to say that your cover is great, Old Man Luedecke songs on Ukulele... incredible. Good Job, Any chance of "Little stream of Whiskey" coming down the pipes?

I have to say that your cover is great, Old Man Luedecke songs on Ukulele... incredible. Good Job, Any chance of "Little stream of Whiskey" coming down the pipes?

Hey, thanks so much travelcard. That's really kind of you mate. In all honesty I'm not even so sure my chords are right but it kinda works for me. Sure, I'll have a go at 'Little Stream of Whiskey'. I just put up a version of 'Just Like A River' too if you like the Ol Man's stuff.

It was weird, I discovered him by accident. he was advertised to play down here in Tassie as part of our annual "10 days on the island" festival in early 2009. reading about him and seeing him pictured with a banjo, I thought...gotta find out more real quick. So I booked my ticket and bought his (then) 2 released albums and drank it all in for a few months before the show.

The gig was this small country hotel. There were probably 80-100 people there who'd never heard of him, and me, standing up the back leaning on the bar calling out these songs...most of which he played too. The guys in the crowd all thought it was a set up ,but anyway, straight after the gig he waded through the handshakers and came up to me and asked how did I know all this stuff and his music...that's when he got me a beer and we sat down to chat.

I was a goner already but when he remarked during the gig that Pete Seeger was his hero the deal was well and truly done. A wonderful night I won't forget in a hurry. :)

Sounds like a magic night. I was checkin out the Just like a river post and having a go at it. sounds great to me. I'll have to admit, I don't know much about Old Man Luedecke but I have some friends that love him and they always play his stuff so I fell in love with it and when he was in St. John's Newfoundland a while back my friend invited him over to the house to play a fundraiser show, so about 50 people crammed into the living room and listened to him play, he also played requests but i was too shy to shout out for Little stream of Whiskey, Its gonna be one of my greatest regrets not doing it. He's a great guy and im glad that Ive found another Luedeckite (?) Anyways, Im a fan of his and now yours as well, keep up the good work.

Very nice. Loved the song, and the singing and playing. I've never heard of him, nor heard his music, but I plan to remedy that.

Very nice. Loved the song, and the singing and playing. I've never heard of him, nor heard his music, but I plan to remedy that.

Thanks so much Joe.

Yeah, Old Man Luedecke is brilliant, one of my real faves anyway. His first album is well nigh impossible to get now, but if you find you really like his stuff let me know and I might be able to help you out. His second album is 'Proof of Love' and most recent recording is 'My hands Are on Fire and other love songs"

Here's a link to his website: http://www.oldmanluedecke.ca/

And here's a clip of him playing the title track from 'Proof of Love':

Top Bottom