Hi, I'm Pete Howlett

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
Didn't really know that this forum existed until I did a vanity search!!! If you really want to see my work you may wish to visit my youtube presence where there are loads of building and info tips. it's here or thereabouts http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8f_EmY-7Po&feature=user. Some of what I do can be found at http://uklectic.com.

In case you don't want to visit, how about this for an idea...
RepublicResolele.jpg

or maybe you fancy this:

10Complete.jpg

Hi Pete, welcome to UU! Your name has been mentioned in a number of threads.

Hi Pete, welcome to UU. It's always great to add a respected luthier to the community. Please stop by often.

I've seen pics and videos of some of your instruments and I'm impressed. I think that resonator with the star sound hole is awesome. Nice work!

Welcome to UU, Pete! I too have learned much from your posts on some of the other uke forums and I'm glad to see you here. I hope I'll get a chance to test drive one of your gorgeous Resoleles someday! :music::love:

Welcome! Or should I say:worship:
I like the simple style of your work a lot, nice and clean.

Eagerly awaiting the big Japan tour and the announcement of the "Tokyo soprano"...

Welcome to UU Pete.

Folks, I've known Pete for a while now and not only is he a great luthier but he's also a great guy. I'm currently building a spruce top tenor from materials Pete sent me a couple of years ago. I was building an uke and made a few cosmetic mistakes and Pete tried to convince me to scrap the project and stomp on it and smash sometime after a bad day in the shop. He sent me, free of charge, from the UK some of the best walnut I've seen and an excellent piece of spruce for the top. I'm about half way completed with construction. Will post a pic after the camera charges up.

hi pete :wave:

i love the look of your ukes, i hope to purchase one some day...then again i need to buy a lot of ukes someday =(

Welcome Pete!! I am a fan of your Youtube videos and am very happy to see you around here. Might be in the market for some supplies soon. lol

Welcome to our little community here Pete! its nice to have someone here who can give the amature luthier's guidence and another voice of reason in the other respects of this forum. :Hands Pete a fruit basket: And here is your complimentry Fruit Basket*!

*Fruit basket may take 8-10 weeks for delivery, and might not exist at all.

*YAY IM A SENIOR MEMBER NOW!* sorry had to edit that in...

Last edited:
Aloha Pete and Welcome to UU! I've been a subscriber of your videos for sometime now. Good to see you on the boards here.

Got to say it, our build videos have been such a help to me.

I will have a ukelectric someday soon, just nee to set aside some time to order one.

Here are a couple of pics of the tenor I'm building from the woods Pete sent me. I didn't wet the wood to highlight the grain but the sides and back both have diagonal rays that are going to look awesome once the finish is applied.

Attachments

• sptf.JPG
    sptf.JPG
    49.2 KB · Views: 27
  • sptb.JPG
    sptb.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 18
Welcome to UU Pete.

Folks, I've known Pete for a while now and not only is he a great luthier but he's also a great guy. I'm currently building a spruce top tenor from materials Pete sent me a couple of years ago. I was building an uke and made a few cosmetic mistakes and Pete tried to convince me to scrap the project and stomp on it and smash sometime after a bad day in the shop. He sent me, free of charge, from the UK some of the best walnut I've seen and an excellent piece of spruce for the top. I'm about half way completed with construction. Will post a pic after the camera charges up.

Sounds great, Dom! I'll send you my mailing address so you 'll know where to send it when you're finished ;)

I only wish I was kidding....:rolleyes:

before reading this post, i spent an hour and a half watching him build from a kit. i was late for school but was well worth it. i had no idea on how its done and i went thru about every vid. your work is awesome and inspired me to try building. Welcome to the underground.

Thank you

Thanks folks for your warm welcome - lots of building stuff to come. Any way we can load video into threads?

before reading this post, i spent an hour and a half watching him build from a kit. i was late for school but was well worth it. i had no idea on how its done and i went thru about every vid. your work is awesome and inspired me to try building. Welcome to the underground.

I'm interested in building a uke also and we live pretty close to eachother (I'm in Martinez). If you find any info, forward it to me, and I'll do the smae. Also, if you want to start a project or something, maybe we can work together. I have no idea where to start. Mike DaSilva might be a good resource.

Top Bottom