Jake's Uke case?

SinisterDom

Reaction score
Does anyone know where he got it/what company makes it?

l_bf56b43c774b43165626652d6708f408.jpg

That is exactly what it is...so just pony up your 700 or 800 dollars and you can have one too!

For real???

Absolutely, if you have a Loar Mandolin or a pre-war Martin or the one and only Jake "gamer" Kamaka...

These are base model, off the shelf sizes for Calton...a uke case may be more as there is not a uke case produced standard by Calton to my knowledge:

Elderly Calton page

I bet Jake's is a mando outer with a custom shape liner for his tenor.

Last edited:
Woo. That's a biggggg price. Anyone know any similar but cheaper cases? (shape, style, size)

This is an old thread so sorry for rehashing it but I found a couple of cases that may suit you. They aren't custom but have a look at these:

1. Ameritage AME uke case

2. Protec PRO PAC case - this is a softshell case but is excellent, Kamaka recommend these.

They can both be found at the following site (for a lot less than the manufacturer's charge):

www.finecases.com

This is an old thread so sorry for rehashing it but I found a couple of cases that may suit you. They aren't custom but have a look at these:

1. Ameritage AME uke case

2. Protec PRO PAC case - this is a softshell case but is excellent, Kamaka recommend these.

They can both be found at the following site (for a lot less than the manufacturer's charge):

www.finecases.com

Thanks upskydown. I really like the Ameritage one.

Thanks upskydown. I really like the Ameritage one.

I have a ameritage coming in the next month or so I will post up a review. I really like them from the ones that I have handled. There was a ko'olau 400 that had a custom one made for it and it was bitchen.

I look forward to the review, it'd be cool to see some more upclose photos too. I'm really intrigued by the humidity controls they have.

Glad I could be help sinister.

I have a ameritage coming in the next month or so I will post up a review. I really like them from the ones that I have handled. There was a ko'olau 400 that had a custom one made for it and it was bitchen.

Hey did you get the case? I've just ordered a tenor one and would appreciate a few photos and your general comments if you have time.

i own a bunch of calton mandolin cases (mandolins can be very expensive) and a few of their guitar cases. they are cheaper than repairs. the first time you drop a $12k mandolin down the stairs or have your 85 pound dog tackle your case you know you need a calton.

Calton cases are everthing everyone says. They are strong, protect your instrument 300% and expensive.

When flying with your instrument you can confidently check your instrument in it's Calton case along with your luggage and be assured that it will not get damaged by the airline "baggage gorillas".

One bad thing about a Calton case...

If it takes you a while to get to the baggage carousel from your flight and the case is on the conveyor circling and circling, a Calton case loudly broadcasts "I have an expensive instrument inside!!!!".

Top Bottom