Looking for a Martin Ukulele

Fran1990

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm Looking for a Martin Ukuele for my 21st Birthday!

I'm looking for an older one from the 1920s to the 1960s please

If anyone know where there is one for sale or I'd happily take one of someones hands!

Thank You :)

They show up frequently in our Marketplace and on Fleamarket Music Marketplace. Trick is to get your money's worth! Need to do your homework re: vintage martins, prices, values, etc. etc. Don't hesitate to seek advice here when you think you've found one re: value for price. Re: Elderly buys from owner, markes them up. you should be able to get one from an owner for at least 20-30% less than Elderly.

Hi! I am new to the idea of selling online, but will give it a whirl. I happen to have 2 vintage soprano style O Martins for sale; a 1929 and a 1970. I paid $620 for each of them, but would be happy to sell either one of them for $500 (can be negotiable) to you. I don't have pictures of either of them at the moment, so if you are interested, I would be happy to take some pics and figure out this whole selling thing. I think that shipping USPS would be around $30-ish, but would be happy to figure that out and am also willing to split shipping cost if necessary. I purchased these when I first started really falling in love with GOOD instruments, and two happened to fall into my lap within a week of each and I was sort of committed (to the deals, not mentally for buying 2 at once.) Since purchasing them and playing them, and although they both sound brilliant, I have discovered that I am not a Martin girl, but prefer Kamakas and have even moved onto customs (yea! Mya Moe-hi Gordon and Char!) In that same vein I have two Meles that I would like to part with, both solid mahagony-a dual hole spoprano and a classic concert, (gosh I just don't care for my playing with an all mahogony instrument), and both have slight blemishes, which made them factory 2nds. If anyone is interested in either of those let me know and we can move forward from there regarding those. If anyone is interested in the Martins besides Fran1990, please let me know. I would like to see the Martins go to someone who will love them and play them. Right now I seem to only pick up the Martins to periodically keep them in tune. The 1970 Martin is is better condition, the 1929 has a few dings in it, nothing that effects it's playability. I also think that the 1929 has a slightly better tone to it. I had both of the ukuleles looked at by my local music store manager and he estimated that they were worth close to $800 each, but I took that with a grain of salt. Now that I have run on and on, let me know if you are interested in either and I will see what I can do.

Just like vintage guitars, there's a lot to know about old Martins. I don't know enough myself but I would be cautious wading into those waters. Especially if you are doing it via the internet. Go slow even it means missing your birthday.

Top Bottom