KoAloha Concert Scepter vs Standard KoAloha Concert?

iDavid

Reaction score
I have a KoAloha Concert and it is holding strong as my favorite uke, it does have some stiff competition, btw.

Anyway, how does the concert Scepter compare to the standard concert? I have heard some on videos on You Tube, but can't say I can hear much difference. Does one have more range, volume, or warmth?

thanks!

I have a KoAloha Concert and it is holding strong as my favorite uke, it does have some stiff competition, btw.

Anyway, how does the concert Scepter compare to the standard concert? I have heard some on videos on You Tube, but can't say I can hear much difference. Does one have more range, volume, or warmth?

thanks!

Don't own a Scepter but have heard they are very loud ukes.

I own a tenor sceptre and it was a good bit louder than a tenor koaloha. It also had a different sound.

Hi David! I've owned both in the past but sold the concert last year and keep the scepter. I would say that the concert koaloha sound fuller and even for it size, the projection is very impressive.

As for the scepter, I would say, the sound might be ''thinner'', more treble side and not as rich as the concert. It's just another kind of sound but it does sound very good.

But if I was in a market for onely 1 uke between the 2, I would go for the koaloha concert.

I sold mine and kept the scepter just because I like the look of it and since I know that it will never be my main uke, I don't mind that it doesn't sound as good as the concert. I'm keeping it more for the look and as a piece of my uke collection rather than playing with it.

Hi David! I've owned both in the past but sold the concert last year and keep the scepter. I would say that the concert koaloha sound fuller and even for it size, the projection is very impressive.

As for the scepter, I would say, the sound might be ''thinner'', more treble side and not as rich as the concert. It's just another kind of sound but it does sound very good.

But if I was in a market for onely 1 uke between the 2, I would go for the koaloha concert.

I sold mine and kept the scepter just because I like the look of it and since I know that it will never be my main uke, I don't mind that it doesn't sound as good as the concert. I'm keeping it more for the look and as a piece of my uke collection rather than playing with it.

thanks for the info, it helps

I really want a long-neck KoAloha, but I don't care to much for the new bridge. I was a scepter with the old style bridge and was very tempted.

Top Bottom