First post - New strings on my Kala Acacia Tenor

triggerman

Reaction score
I've been doing alot of reading here and recently ordered some Worth Brown strings for my tenor Kala Acacia. I strung them today and really like the sound. I really appreciate all the help, thanks.

Aloha triggerman!
Welcome to the UU. I replaced the Aquila strings with some Worth Clears and really liked them. I currently have Fremont Blacklines on my Kala ASAC-T and enjoy the balanced tones they produce. I may put some Worth Browns on next later. Enjoy your stay here and keep on strumming! :)

Mason671

I used to have a ASAC-T and had worth browns on it. I thought they were a great match for the instrument. Waaaay better than the Aquila's.

Hi tirggerman!

Welcome to UU! I have Worth Brown's on my KPK Soprano and LOVE the sound they produce :D

Thanks for the tip! My Kala acacia tenor (from MGM) came with Aquilas, and I'd been worried that strings less bright than Aquilas would result in a muffled sound. It's good to know that there are other strings that sound good on Kala acacia tenors.

I've tested D'addarios and Worth's (brown) but i like the aquila sound better, especially with instrumentals.

Aloha triggerman!
. I currently have Fremont Blacklines on my Kala ASAC-T and enjoy the balanced tones they produce. I may put some Worth Browns on next later.Mason671

Mason if you do just put on the worth low g for a while . I currently have the 3 c,e,a blacklines with worth bm low g I really like the combo. You can add the fremont low g later . I think it has just a little less tension.

Top Bottom