Bought a K brand ukulele in the UK

UkuEroll

Reaction score
Over the weekend I saw a Tenor Kanile'a K-1T on ebay, and to my surprise it was in the Uk. I PM'd itsmeCasey as i Knew he had one,and I didn't want to start a thread just in case I encouraged anyone else to bid on it, and he assured me that I couldn't go wrong with Kanile'a. So to cut a long story short I bought it, bidding £510, which was £10 over the only other bidder. I collected it in person and was totally blown away by the quality and sound. It came with a pod case and all the original tags and was in absolutely mint condition, I can't express how happy I am with it, the chap even knocked the £10 off making it a round 500.
I've spent most of the weekend looking at it. Now I need to name "her" any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I've never named any of my Ukes but this one deserves one.
Thanks itsmeCasey for your advice.
In the next few days I will be putting my Mainland Tenor in the Market place, so anyone in the Uk looking for one, keep an eye out.

Last edited:
Congrats on your new uke - enjoy. As far as a name - why don't you call it Kanile'a.

Congrats on the new Uke! Would love to see some photos :D

Congratulations on the new ukulele! Looking forward to photos (or, now that the auction is over, a link to the eBay page).

I'll take some shots tmrw and post em up soon. MDS725...just noticed your stable of Ukes, that's impressive....or obsessive :)

Last edited:
Sounds lovely, congratulations! Looking forward to seeing the pictures :)

Congrats on the new uke! Those Kanile'as are really nice. I am glad it found a good home with you. Can't help with a name until I see a photo. I haven't really named any of my ukes, they get a pretty generic descriptive name. So boring, I know.
–Lori

Aloha UkuEroll,
Congratulations on the purchase of the Kanilea...Have fun and enjoy...I am sure you will have many years of enjoyment..Happy Strummings.. MM Stan

In the next few days I will be putting my Mainland Tenor in the Market place, so anyone in the Uk looking for one, keep an eye out.

An extra good uke is always nice to keep. Loaner, different tuning, etc.
There are some places I go I am just not comfortable taking one of the big guns.

Wow, great buy. Happy you were able to get it. I am a charter member of the "I want a Kanilea" club.

Here are the pictures.

Attachments

• IMG_5782.jpg
    IMG_5782.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5784.jpg
    IMG_5784.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_5785.jpg
    IMG_5785.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5787.jpg
    IMG_5787.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_5786.jpg
    IMG_5786.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 23
Hello buddy how are you? Awesome job love it! Don't suppose you have a tenor with pickup to sell now? Lol

Sorry missed the post I'd be interested in how much your mainland is going for mate I need a tenor with electrics really but another mainland would be ace

Top Bottom