Want to trade Yamaha CG-201S classical guitar for Gold Tone Baritone Banjo Uke (BUB)

Big Bad John

Reaction score
I have a very nice, lightly used Yamaha CG-201S classical guitar that I never played much and I would like to trade it for a new, or like new, Gold Tone Baritone Banjo Uke (Model BUB). I do not have a case for the guitar but will pack it well and ship insured at my cost. I paid $599 for the guitar new and it has no blemishes. The guitar has a solid European spruce top with some "bearclaw" in the grain, sold mahogany sides and back (nicely figured), solid Nato neck with Ebony fingerboard. It is a standard 25.6" scale and a 2" nut width. It has Yamaha's highest quality tuners, the same as on their upper line of GC series hand-built guitars. This model was Yamaha's top of the line factory guitar. The next model up in the Yamaha line up was the GC-30, a fully hand-built guitar. I'll re-oil the fretboard and install new strings, plus include a spare set of strings. The guitar takes medium tension strings. It was designed for medium tension strings. Hard or extra-hard tension strings will warp the top.

I would prefer a brand new, A-Stock, non-blemished instrument, but would accept a like new, A-stock, non-blemished instrument. I've seen some B-Stock Gold Tone instruments for sale on eBay, but I never trusted them. I know Elderly Instruments has the Gold Tone BUB for sale for $337 and shipping is included. I'll put up pics tonight when I get home. BBJ

Last edited:
Top Bottom