Luna Honu Tribal Turtle earectomy

Huna

Reaction score
I have a Luna Honu Soprano that sounds fantastic with Martin 600 Fluorocarbon Strings on it. Well I recently had been playing my Martin OXK which has friction tuners and realized just how unbalanced the Luna was to play as the Guitar Style Tuning Machines are so heavy, the neck wants to pull down when you play it. The Luna is a very light instrument as the laminate is a super thin laminate. Machine Tuners are just way too heavy for it. So, after seeing what Dr. Bekken did to his uke, changing his tuners, I went on Amazon and found a set of Grover Sta Tite 2B Friction tuners for eleven bucks.

It took me about a half hour to remove the old tuners and install the new ones and I feel the instrument has been greatly improved!

Its not that hard to do for folks who might want to do it.

Congratulations on the new tuners and a better handling uke. Thanks for the tip, I'd consider new tuners for a cheap uke as long as they aren't to expensive. $11. is a good price.

Aloha Huna,
Wow great job...man improves and creates things out of neccessity...thank you for sharing..MM Stan

IMG_0355.jpg

IMG_0348.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

IMG_0345.jpg

well fitncrafty I think it depends on whats wrong with the tuner too. I wanted lighter ones. These would probably work on a concert but many people don't like friction tuners lol... they think they are weirder than geared... even Ken Middleton thinks that way! except for sopranos of course.

Top Bottom