New rumba flamenca....please give your opinions

patico

Reaction score
Hi UUs
after some (hard) work i was finally able to transpose this guitar piece to the ukulele. it's a rumba flamenca that i like a lot.

i don't have quality gear to record my stuff, but anyway.... here it goes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UpPuoUHWIOs

iorana korua ta'ato'a

I really like the subtlety of your strumming. You've got a wonderful range of textures there. It would be nice to have the chordal accompaniment on another ukulele.

I've been wondering lately how you go about making a flamenco ukulele, because surely what you want from a flameco guitar: shallower body, less sustain, more percussive attack, is kind of there already. Dunno. I'm no expert.

Aloha & Welcome to the UU and our Forums! I checked out this video - great playing Bruddah! I like Rumba Flamenca very much. Have you heard of Jesse Cook? He's an amazing composer/musician/Flamenco Guitarist. He came out with a production and album called, "The Rumba Foundation." He modernizes and melds his trademark Spanish Flamenco style with the music of Cuba, Haiti, Brazil, Panama, and Columbia, among others for this collaboration of crisply performed guitar music with a mix of world influence with waves of percussion and emotion. Here's a link to a tv special about The Rumba Foundation album and tour. I love the music!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T5ybE-o06I

I also watched your other videos. Great playing! By any chance, do you have tabs of the different songs that you play? I only know how to play by tabs. I have no clue on how to read sheet music. Keep the videos coming. Let me know what you think of Jesse Cook and his "The Rumba Foundation."

Very very nice!!! Perhaps you could post the tabs to that song???

i don't have the tabs for the songs, but could write them uppon request.
the only problem is i use Guitar Pro.

if someone wants the tab of something i've played on my videoas, just ask, but it will be as a Guitar Pro file.

Patico, i would be overjoyed if you would make a tab for Aguamarina (Although it might boggle my mind to no end), but i would love to dive into Flamenco tunes. I love them.

Beautiful!!!

Really nice transcription and playing! :)

i don't have the tabs for the songs, but could write them uppon request.
the only problem is i use Guitar Pro.

if someone wants the tab of something i've played on my videoas, just ask, but it will be as a Guitar Pro file.
Tabs would be great! BTW, if Guitar Pro doesn't allow you export or save as PDF, there are easy add-ins like CutePDF or PDF995 that allow you to "print" from any program to create a PDF. Basically two parts, a converter and a printer driver that allows you to select it when you hit print, same as any other physical printer attached to your PC, except it "prints" to a PDF file.

Really nice transcription and playing! :)

Tabs would be great! BTW, if Guitar Pro doesn't allow you export or save as PDF, there are easy add-ins like CutePDF or PDF995 that allow you to "print" from any program to create a PDF. Basically two parts, a converter and a printer driver that allows you to select it when you hit print, same as any other physical printer attached to your PC, except it "prints" to a PDF file.

wow, i'm not very familiar with those things you mentioned above.
i downloaded the guitar-pro and came with the serial number, so it allows me to use all functions, write, print, etc. i would highly suggest it for the ones who want to study cause it plays along as it shows you the tabs n classical notation, you can slow down the music, metronomo, all important features while studying.

No disrespect to anybody else here, but that is my favourite film of any I have seen to date. Ole Mesurier!!

Patico, i would be overjoyed if you would make a tab for Aguamarina (Although it might boggle my mind to no end), but i would love to dive into Flamenco tunes. I love them.

if you really want to dive in flamenco i can help you
but remember,,,, rumba is the least flamenco of all the flamenco styles.

let me know when you are ready to start.

@LEXXY, i'll start writing the tab this weekend.

Deal me in on that one chaps. I have played flamenco guitar for decades, would love to get more of it down on the ukulele.

No disrespect to anybody else here, but that is my favourite film of any I have seen to date. Ole Mesurier!!

hey Ted4, thanks for those words. it makes me happy, and will keep studying to post new songs for everybody to enjoy.

Nice! It makes me happy that for ONCE, when someone says "this is flamenco", they actually play something by someone who is flamenco! For those who think Jesse Cook is flamenco, this is like saying "Oh I love Hawaiian food - my favorite is BBQ chicken and mac salad". It's kind of a slap in the face to the gentleman paying homage to Paco Cepero - just sayin'

Top Bottom