Finally got my humidifier tested and works pretty good.

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
Yeah, I know, "big deal".. But, I been playing with different things and testing them as case humidors. I think I got it now after weeks of testing this specific one.

Parts:

35mm film canister (free w/ the purchase of a roll of film)
1ea, 1" clay disk and tin container for cigar humidors (.99 cents)
15ea, gelatin moisture beads (about .10 cents worth)

Total: $1.10

Put 15 beads in the canister. Place the clay disk in the tin canister on top (fits inside the film canister perfectly like it was made for it. Fill with water and let sit for an couple hours for the beads to absorb all the water. Ya might have to fill it up again because these beads start out about the size of a BB, and when fully hydrated about 1/2" in diameter. 15 beads fill up the canister perfectly. Cut hole in the film canister top, and walla. A humidor that holds water very well, and releases it at a slow steady pace. I keep two of them in my tenor case, and it keeps the RH at between 50%-65% depending on outside HR. When the ambient HR has been around 35%, it was 50% in the case. When it got about 80% ambient HR, it was about 70% in the case. It has been averaging between 50%-%60. The real test though will be in the dryer winter months, but, the point is, we have had varying levels of ambient HR lately, and the case interior has been pretty stable. My meters I installed in the cases, and the one I use for the ambient HR have been calibrated and match, so the readings are pretty accurate.
P1040811.JPG

Im pretty happy with them..

Last edited:
Parts:

35mm film canister (free w/ the purchase of a roll of film)
1ea, 1" clay disk and tin container for cigar humidors (.99 cents)
15ea, gelatin moisture beads (about .10 cents worth)

Total: $1.10

What's a roll of film?

Our friend Spots gave out directions a couple of months ago using the same moisture beads. I made some and they work great.

I do not know what the clay disk or beads are. Could you take pics of the items separetly please. thanks.

Old piece of sponge and an Altoids tin are keeping my Martin straight...but the scientist does no science at home. That is a rule.

I use old medication bottles (anvil and the like) stick in a piece of floral foam cut to fill it. Then drill a few holes in the lid. Fill with water. Two in the tenor case works good. Fill up once a week. very cheap.

Top Bottom