G String Hawaiian Style with some new Guadaupe wound nylon strings

SuzukHammer

Reaction score
I only brought 3 ukes with me on my initial trip to my new country I'm living in for my new job. I brought some various string sets.

I always liked the G String Hawaiian Style I bought months back; but, it was too nice to play for a noobie like me; so, it was nice to have time to play this uke as I don't have many ukes to rotate.

I had some Guadalupe nylon wound soprano strings sitting around so why not put them on?

Its only been 1/2 a day of the strings settling in; but, ooooohhhhh, I think this uke is PERFECT.

The sustain.

The ringing tones.

The response.

When I played with the normal nylon strings, it sounded ok; but now it sounds like I can do sooo much more with the strings.

For instance, there is a slide required on Jack Johnson's If I had eyes. You start on the 2 and 4 sting at the 7th fret and slide back to open 2 and C# on the 3. Previously, I could not get that slide to sound any good. It was frustrating. Now, I run my 2 fingers all the way back and there is loud tone all the way back. oh. oh.

I was getting sloppy with my D chord. But with this string, I can hear a huge difference as I work to fret better; so, I try the slight moving of my fretting and I can hear it. So, time to start practicing the Clapton tremolo I can't seem to get.

I feel like I fell in love and I'm cheating on my wife.

Aloha Frankie,
Hey where you livin' now...and a new job...that doesn't stop you from buying all those premimum ukes...holy smokes..what cha doin' with all of them...must be a really big collection by now...

Thanks for the story...been hearing good things about those Guadalupe strings.

Aloha Frankie,
Hey where you livin' now...and a new job...that doesn't stop you from buying all those premimum ukes...holy smokes..what cha doin' with all of them...must be a really big collection by now...

mm stan,

You are funny. You got all the hoard. Its like I think HOnolulu PD can't solve the riddle of the topend uke nicker.

My collection is just a sample of what your collection is. But I love them. My babies.

Top Bottom