Peculiar Places That You Have Dinged Your Uke and the Story Behind It

CoLmes

UU+
Reaction score
Just thought this would be a funny thread :D I know there are some good ones out there ;)

Also, what was your reaction? Did you cry, scream, hold your breathe, sneeze?

Last edited:
It's not too peculiar and hardly even noticeable but I have a tiny, tiny ding on my Moore Bettah. I was being careless when taking it out of its case...the lid of the case fell down and the latch hit my uke...lower bout, on the binding/purfling. I cried a little.

I don't really have any interesting stories. My 3 legged cat knocked my 8 string over and now it has a small scuff in the finish on the head stock.

Last edited:
k1.jpg
This one hurt a bit. No crying, just a lot of dirty words said and trying to kick myself for doing it. But hey, now this 'uke kas a story. The short version ...just a hour or so after getting this sweet Kamaka Pineapple from Ken Cameron at Hilo Guitar's and Ukuleles (great guy, great store!!) I wanted to find a nice quiet spot to play it a bit (pic below) where I could be accompanied by the Pacific. Since this is a short version, let's just say my new Pineapple and a quarter-sized chunk of Madame Pele's best pahoehoe lava met each other awkwardly... Maybe she was trying to tell me something. Another lesson learned.:eek:

Attachments

• k3.jpg
    k3.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 13
  • k2.jpg
    k2.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 13
  • k4.jpg
    k4.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 13
No damage to my uke, but my kamaka survived the latest protest/demonstration in San Francisco. I brought it to work, and fortunately I was carrying it in an Ameritage case (thank goodness). Only the case got scuffed and scratched. The BEST investment I made for my uke.

Note: I was not part of the demonstration. I was just trying to get home, and the protesters decided to stop the BART train I was riding.

It's not too peculiar and hardly even noticeable but I have a tiny, tiny ding on my Moore Bettah. I was being careless when taking it out of its case...the lid of the case fell down and the latch hit my uke...lower bout, on the binding/purfling. I cried a little.

Chuck -- do NOT read this:

Only one? Good for you. My first ding made me almost cry too. Aldrine made me make a video a couple of weeks ago. Banged my ukulele on the edge of my computer desk. God!!!!!!!!! But it is now considered a war wound. Because Chuck will read this even if I tell him not to, I won't go into any further details.

Top Bottom