new Kamoa 500-S soprano uke - anyone play one of these yet?

Aloha Guys!

Kamoa 500 SV (#0001)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPiLiADBGI8

This is the first (#0001) SV Kamoa 500 Prototype. They are crystal clear and very responsive.

AG was over yesterday and we played a few from the original batch side by side with this weeks delivery...THE NEW ONES ARE ALL BETTER!!!!

The Custom Shop Kamoa line is a very competitive instrument if you are looking for great sound without the huge price tag.

Best wises,

SB

it may just be the piece/style he is playing in the video but it doesn't really sound like a ukulele to me. sounds more like a guitar. i prefer koa or mahogony, but am open to other woods for ukes, but not a fan of maple or spruce because to my ears it gives it more of a guitar-like character.

I'm a new guy to ukes, but when I played around with all the instruments in Larry's Music, the 500 and 700 series sounded awesome (all of them actually). A 500 series concert is definitely in my UAS future. I have a Kamoa solid mahogany, pineapple that I really like. I did some minor adjustments to the nut and it's one of my favorites to play.

it may just be the piece/style he is playing in the video but it doesn't really sound like a ukulele to me. sounds more like a guitar. i prefer koa or mahogony, but am open to other woods for ukes, but not a fan of maple or spruce because to my ears it gives it more of a guitar-like character.

Could it be the long dark reverb he's using?

The Kamoa 500 Grand Concert has a really big sound. Especially with the low G on it.

Here is a 500 Soprano vintage for comparison.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bPiLiADBGI8

These instruments are guaranteed to be dynamic tonally.

Aloha all!
If you guys make a concert 3M lookalike that sounds as good as that soprano sounded, I think my UAS may take control of me

Kamoa 500 custom

I have a 4 in stock here at pennylaneemporium.com . they all sound amazing, the soprano as well as the tenor. They are not cheap but they're worth every penny! I have not posted this on my website yet as I got them in today but if you live in the Miami Ft Lauderdale area you can come to the store
Penny Lane Emporium'
3045 N Federal Hwy 60F
Fort lauderdale, FL, 33306
954-566-8141

I played a early prototype of this uke too..it was made of the finest materials and sounded deep and rich..
I believe it still had some strings they were testing on them...I wanted one immediately back then...

Anyone played one of these new Kamoa ukes?

http://elderly.com/new_instruments/items/K500S2.htm

They look nice. This one looks similar to a 3M Martin.

Not a cheap uke, but only a fraction of a 3M.

View attachment 25946

I was fortunate to purchase a 500 SV Koa from Penny Lane Emporium. Really nice ukulele, and I believe it is #001. I am not sure I will stick with the low G tuning, but the uke has a great sound. Very attractive ukulele and well made. In my opinion a good value for the money. I am attaching a few pictures including one with a vintage 3K.
SN856638.jpgSN856626.jpgSN856635.jpgSN856641.jpg

Top Bottom