Poll: Vote for your Favorite Strings

Poll: What Brand of Strings Do You Favor?

• Total voters

delray48209

Reaction score
Vote for the brand of strings you favor on your ukulele.

Southcoast Strings. i am particularly loving the linears.

+1

I'm liking the medium tension strings right now.

If I didn't have these on though I'd be using some type of classical guitar strings.

No fair. One vote's not enough...

Aquila strings sound terrific on my Harmony soprano.

Southcoast Light Gauge strings sound wonderful on my SpruceHouse S-O. Aquila and Martin strings both sound great on this uke as well.

The factory Kamaka (D'Addario) strings brought out the deepest tone from my Kamaka, but chords sounded a little too muddy for me. I've tried other sets---Hilo, Southcoast Medium Gauge, and Martin---with better clarity, but none had the depth of the factory strings. I'll have ukulele string aquisition syndrome until I've found a set with both depth and clarity.

Got to agree with TheOnlyUkeThatMatters, can't vote since different strings are better on different ukes. To many variables to pick just one!

I was going to vote for the G string, but I was torn between it and the A string. I didn't see either in poll choices, though.

:p

Martin 600s on all but all but KALA KA-SLNG. Aquila sound best on it.
Haven't tried any Southcoast's yet...
So right now I would have to say Martin (4 out of 5)

No fair. One vote's not enough...

Aquila strings sound terrific on my Harmony soprano.

Southcoast Light Gauge strings sound wonderful on my SpruceHouse S-O. Aquila and Martin strings both sound great on this uke as well.

The factory Kamaka (D'Addario) strings brought out the deepest tone from my Kamaka, but chords sounded a little too muddy for me. I've tried other sets---Hilo, Southcoast Medium Gauge, and Martin---with better clarity, but none had the depth of the factory strings. I'll have ukulele string aquisition syndrome until I've found a set with both depth and clarity.

You could vote on one the other 100 string poll posts.

I voted for "Aquila" because it's the one I mostly have on my Ukes, but I also use Worth Browns on my KPK and LOVE them, I think it really does depend on the Uke! :D

Worth Browns (Medium) turned my KoAloha Soprano into a near-religious experience.

Strings...

I haven't been playing Ukulele long, I have had black Nylon,(that came on the Makala), Martin, that came on a used Cordoba, and Aguila...I will be using Aguila, till I find something that compares. D'Addario makes wonderful strings that I use on other instruments, (tenor guitar, steel string guitar, baritone guitar, and upright bass).

southcoast, worths, living water :) Voted worths in the poll, simply because they're what I have most experience with. I'll probably be buying southcoasts from now on, as I have a few sets of worths and living waters to keep me going awhile... :)

I would revise my choice...I chose Ko'olau Alohi's, but my favorite strings have come from combos of classical guitar strings on my tenor. I had a ton of success with the Savarez Alliance sets I've put together, but right now I'm liking the D'addario combo I've got on it now. I really like putting my own set together, its a little more satisfying than buying a set and hoping for the best. I feel like I'm getting to know my uke too!

PhD's

Southcoast G650's

Top Bottom